Home Swansea City

Tony Santore RIP

For those of us ancient SCFC fans, from the Gary Martin years, an old, and much loved poster on the old Forum, Tony Santore, has sadly passed away, aged 85. This happened a few months ago, apparently. But news has only just filtered through.

Tony was a statistician, and was an invaluable contributor to this site, back in the day. If memory serves me correctly he used to run the original predictascore.

Big hugs to all who knew him, and especially his family, if they read this. RIP Tony.

moorlandsJackaremeSeaJackColin_swanseaWebmaster

Comments

• Some of the older Swans fans on here might remember American Swans fan Tony Santore that used to post on Gary Martin's original SCFC website.

I used to love reading Tony's Swans stats and season projections.

I'm sad to say that he passed away a few months ago in Pennsylvania at the age of 85.

• Certainly do rememnber him and his contributions. Never met him, but struck me as a genuinely nice guy and an avid Swans supporter.

Condolences to his family and friends if they ever read this site.

moorlandsMikeTasmania
  • I not sure I read the guestbook at that time but nevertheless, it’s sad to here of an avid Swans fans moving on to the great football stadium in the sky.

R.I.P. and condolences.

• So sorry to hear that. Seemed like a lovely man, who adopted The Swans as his “team”

Loved a stat did Tony, and was obviously well read, with a man with a sharp brain.

my heartfelt condolences to his nearest and dearest.

SeaJack
  • I remember Tony as I also love a stat and so used to love his posts.

RIP Tony

• This is sad.

Tony was a great bloke. He was a fantastic contributor to the former version of this site, mainly sharing his statistical analysis but he received some unwarranted criticism from some posters and I think this is maybe why he left the site. I had a few direct message conversations with Tony many years ago, some on his stats and one relating to a work query that I had regarding a company that was located near where he lived. He also contributed to Planet Swans as Davilin but again got unnecessary grief from some posters.

An intelligent and prolific poster, he was very fond of quoting famous people to support his viewpoints, especially Mark Twain.

So I'll just leave this quote from Mr Twain in honour of Tony.

"Manifestly, dying is nothing to a really great and brave man."

Take it easy up there Tony. You will not be forgotten.

SeaJackMark_Jack_LondonChris_SharmanMikeTasmaniaRhydianPAJWebmasterazzuriswan