Football betting site Betway

Don't forget the biggest crime of all.....

I just wanted to take some time to reflect upon something which I think is in danger of getting lost in amongst all the Trust stuff the last few days.

Please don't take this as an attempt to lessen the importance of the Trust-related issues. I am fully behind them and their efforts to expose the lies.

But for me the real crime, the biggest crime of all in fact, is that the old board - the people we all thought we could trust, the ones we thought would never endanger the club - effectively led the club to financial ruin by January 2016.

This, for me, is the biggest scandal of all. Jenkins's admission that we had to sell Shelvey to continue trading until the summer was absolutely shocking and simply unforgivable.

I don't think enough time has been invested in getting into how on earth it got to that stage. I pray that some journalist digs a bit more on this and finds out what really went on, because I am not buying Jenkins's explanation that this was just about contractual wage increases etc.

There is far more to come on this, I am sure.
Mark_Jack_LondonMahoney

Comments

• Too much investment in the Training grounds in such a short period  perhaps?Could they have managed with one rather than two separate complexes ?
  • As part of the Steve Penny court case a large number of documents (I believe in excess of 1000) have been made accessible which is how the information about the 27 American investors was exposed via the press.After the final judgement in January a lot of information will emerge which up to this point has been buried because the press,who were ever present at the Penny court case,will expose it.What we have heard to date is just the tip of the iceberg.
    Mark_Jack_London
  • So in Jan 2016 the swans were in debt they had to sell Shelvey to balance the books so where did the £8 mil come from to buy Paloschi ??
  • At the time of the Shelvey sale I felt that we pushed him out and I felt that this was another situation where we did not handle the situation very well.
    I know many fans were very glad to see the back of him but I for one wasn't.
    he wasn't perfect by any stretch but on times he offered skill and more importantly the 'Spite' in midfield we are so so missing now.
    I think he was pushed and made a scape goat of and he definitely looked like a guy who wanted to stay and what ever you say about him(Lazy,poor ball retention)
    at least he wanted to be here! And that is a rare thing these days.

• He didn’t look like a man who was interested in playing for us at Oxford. In terms of fitness he gave Tabanou a run for his money (or rather a wheezy stroll)
  • I was there at Oxford and he was not the only one on the pitch that let us down that day.

Also consider his body language(he was coming over to say good bye to the fans)because he knew he was being sold before the game, that was bound to affect his performance.
    Secondly when he came over to thank us for our support he then got into a verbal with the Jacks calling him a Lazy ****, which was a shame on both sides imo
  • Cadleigh did you watch the Liverpool game, not many Swansea players were interested in playing.

• I did, and I know what you mean - but do you remember Shelvey pulling up short at Oxford rather than chasing their forward for their last goal (I think) and doubling over wheezing? He was a bit of a Trundle for us - always looked like he was giving 80%
  • Hey gary the new name used to be called prince sorry Andrew.
    Its so obvious that you are the old andrew, long boring anti HJ crap, which most people hear over and over and over.
    2013 you said we would be relegated, and every year since you say the same thing.
    Wrong every year.
    Maybe you get your wish this year, relegation and HJ out.
    Then you be happy saddo than can strutt your stuff in aberdar.
    We know.
    And you know,
    You got a big grudge against HJ because he turned down your job application, not surprised pyscho thats banned from most pubs from aberdar to abertawe
    DubDragonbigoakMark_Jack_LondonBigG
  • Seems someone else with a new name... not seen this one before and only joined 2 days ago too... interesting  :trollface:
    bigoakMarkGBigG
  • Hey gary the new name used to be called prince sorry Andrew.
    Its so obvious that you are the old andrew, long boring anti HJ crap, which most people hear over and over and over.
    2013 you said we would be relegated, and every year since you say the same thing.
    Wrong every year.
    Maybe you get your wish this year, relegation and HJ out.
    Then you be happy saddo than can strutt your stuff in aberdar.
    We know.
    And you know,
    You got a big grudge against HJ because he turned down your job application, not surprised pyscho thats banned from most pubs from aberdar to abertawe
    I would dearly love to know who this Andrew guy is because he's left a lasting impression and offended a lot of people!

• Gary,
    all Andrew did was speak the truth and at the time the ‘In Huw we Trust’ brigade didn’t like it, but the wheel has turned and see the sell outs in a different light.

I could be wrong but I don’t think Andrew is the Meibion guy
    bigoak
  • Thanks Colin.

I think what this Meibion chap was trying to insinuate is that I was this Andrew guy, whoever he is/was.
  • His posts ruffled a lot of feathers on the old guestbook. I'm surprised he hasn't reacquainted himself with the new forum format because I'm sure he could now say I told you so and gloat.
  • I think Shelvey has intimated there was another side to the story of him leaving, which wasn't in the public domain.

• You'll soon find out Mark that there is a lot of under-handed stuff that has not been in the public domain.
  • Andrew was a guestbook treasure as he had an alternative view. Some now agree with him on HJ but he was a standard doom monger.  He like me was aware that fans get carried away with success and deeply depressed and angry with the team struggling. For Swansea constant success is impossible.  Operating with the crowd I suspect is not his way. 
  • PJ
    we all accept that football has its highs & lows on the pitch, but our summer transfer work & timings were bog standard & amateur, this is what we cannot accept!
  • Ponti ;poppycock ; Andrew was a long time supporter who saw through HJ and was not afraid to say so. and like myself got roasted on the guestbook for it , we where called everything from bluturds to xx well i wont repeat it.
    but please enlighten us all, What was Andrew wrong about? 

Will say this, Andrew spoke more sense based on fact in one post, that i have seen in tens of posts from you. your so bad and inaccurate its now laughable
  • Ponty cannot be a true Swans supporter as his posts are always " In Huw we trust " and always against the fan based Trust . I'm sure he gets told what to put on to aggravate the rest of us and in fact his posts make the latest goings on at the club mire favourable to the Trust than his old buddies Huw and co . Its having the opposite effect for the old and current board members . 91 % of true Swans fans want Huw out now that's a big Fact .
  • ponty is scared cos if the trust go back to vote about selling, they might decide not to and take legal action against the old board. That makes the rich sellers quake in their expensive boots...
  • Personally I think the Trust's case is no where near as strong as fans think. The QC called it a 'last resort'. That tells me it is a big no no. The US guys will be very happy if the Trust calls off discussions on the part sale. Get the money in sharpish and become a Welsh investor and make friends with the beautiful Californians.
  • Ponty.  The case the Trust has is indefensible  paperwork will prove it/ the sticking point will be if the trust can prove it was done deliberately as opposed to an error, if they prove the former punitive damages will be huge and they can claim interest on the monies at 8% to date then compounded until paid, and have a great case re cost orders

Any legal adviser worth his salt would always say last resort to court. 
  • Ponty, For a QC to say last resort is standard practice FACT. It simply means other/all avenues should be explored first. BUT I think you knew that already didn’t you.?
  • Ponty - 

The QC said the case was "strong" and I'd rather trust his/her judgement than yours.

Who are the beautiful Californians ?
  • The case is strong but must be even stronger now as HJ has tied himself in knots, first the fraudulent fake minutes in the Steve Penny case (with more to come), the changing of the articles in company’s house on the strength of those fake minutes, the video evidence of Levien saying that he was told by the sellers to keep the deal away from the Trust and Jenkins and Rob Davies making statements to the press last week that were both full of holes and blown out of the water with irifuitable facts.
    Ponty, keep trying though, the net is closing in and it won’t be long before both HJ and your man will have to leave office
  • Perhaps Ponty is Huws legal advisor from the famous law firm Hardy and Laurel .
  • Nah, he’s dineens stooge, to thick to be his brother though
  • Jac you cannot even spell 'too' . Stick to two letter words and move up slowly. No offence intended. Kindly. etc.