Football betting site Betway

New additions

Listening to Carlos post match interview, it seems he was very proud of the squad and would like One or two additions to add to them,
However if it doesn't materialise he is happy with whats available to work with !!

Does not look like a big signing is imminent unless we sell someone else to get funding .
There is Talk about a Marcus Maddison 24 from Peterborough at a Bargain basement price 
He is Someone like Clucas who can play anywhere and has a big engine.
Thoughts anyone 

Comments

• Maddison is described on Wikipedia as a winger or second striker
    The video on YouTube shows him taking and making endless chances
    Apparently has assisted in 23 goals this season and scored quite a few too
    Also described as selfish and unpopular with the fans for not doing his share of the work for the team
    Just a website report suggesting he is a potential Siggi replacement but no suggestion the club is even looking at him
    Nearly went to Leeds 12 months ago and Peterborough want millions more than we would pay
    RB plus number 10 plus this guy as winger in style of Ziyech if available for 3-4m, yes maybe if his attitude is right
    Certainly has the skills
  • Tonto, if he plays like Clucas, its a no from me. Div 1 at best. 
  • There is what we need and what we will do.

If we are to stay up we need to score at least 27 goals in the remaining games. So we will need to bring in players into our team who have a track record of contributing 36 goals in a full season. So for me it's a striker who can deliver 18 goals, a no. 10 who can deliver 11 goals and a winger who can deliver 7 goals. 

What we will do will test if we are to stay up or not.

PS bringing the players back off loan is a good start but not good if it is the end point.
  • Speakerjack, for those players we need about £100m!  We'll be very lucky if they spend £20m. 

• I reckon it's more like £40m-£50m. How much is another season in the PL worth? We should have 85% already in the bank from recent player sales.

its the only way we will stay up. We need goals, that is what we are lacking we can cover the fullback situation for the rest of the year but unless we start scoring we won't win the 7-8 games we need to have a chance of survival.

Take a look at our run in at the end of the season it's no easy ride like last year.

That being said I think the bigger problem is can we attract these players not whether we can afford them!

STID
  • Well we could buy siggy and llorentre back for about £60m and bring back Montero and tell him he must score 7 goals. Seriously though can you suggest any striker, no10 and winger combo that are capable of getting those goals for £40m? If you convince the players to come and the board to pay, I will be very happy. 
  • All eggs should be put into a quality No 10 provider, scorer of goals and taker of set pieces. It would be nice to add full back cover as well for sure - but if we get the right player it would transform our team
  • Joe Allen - engine room, box to box MF
    Jack Wilshere - no 10
    Mason Holgate -RB

Dream on...
  • We're clueless in the transfer market and hsve bern since laudrup left. I'd be surprised if we spend 20m in total and to expect a goal a game striker to join us is laughable. It's fact now that the yanks will only spend part of any profits they've made on sales and will under no circumstances spend they're own money. This is how these investment consortiums work.
  • So my two top choices would be Sandro Wagner and papu Gomez, however Wagner may have just transferred from hockenheim so I'd go with Kevin Volland instead.

two proven goal scorers with one being a CF and other being a winger cum secondary striker. Would cost us about £35m with some money left over for a developing no 10
  • Swansea need a full back, an attacking mid fielder maybe (2)  a striker. Midfield is way to lightweight Clucas, Carroll,are at best 1 division players. 

Dont think management will sped money in this window as there is a good chance of going down. Best option is get some class players in on loan,and see what happens.
  • So zero premier league experience but impressive German league records, let's get the deals done then. I am sure they would all love to join a bottom of the league team at this moment in time. 

Interesting choices but realistically though I do think like jackareme that our priority is a no. 10 and a right back who can play in the premier league. Then we need to pray Bony has no more Injuries. 

Personally I would have gone all in back in August for chadli with the siggy money and played him as a 10. 
  • we seem to be reverting to type again this window, leave till last min. Do we honestly think these owners will spend a chunk never mind a large part of the profit they made? their 3 clubs are all bottom of their competitions so as long as they do not lose cash the owners are happy, come on owners prove me wrong, as i have stated before these people only in it for the cash not  a fig about Swansea fc or city and the people who could be out of work should we be relegated.
    We could go for the full back think its Arias? we looked at in the summer along with the guy who was at the same club as Mesa as a 10 but would mean spending a bit , wont happen , but PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG owners
  • Great to see us being positive, pro-active, decisive and striking early recruiting quality players in quickly, getting them settled up to speed and ready for the massive survival battle ahead.

Top scouting and top recruitment go Swans!
  • Not that I am suggesting we should but we almost signed Yiadom in the last window and are supposed to be moving in for him come January. Considering our desperate LB/RB situation you would have thought we might have done the deal by now. Surely we don't need to sell before signing him!
  • January 4th, tick-tock, nothing happening...

Deja Vu anyone?!
  • Hopefully any delays in signing players is because the manager has said no Jenkins take your pile of sh1t and shove it, here us a lust of who i want!
  • List even! Or maybe he does lust after some players! Lol
  • I heard someone dumped a pile of sh1t on Jenkins' drive over xmas, someone said that's January 's transfers sorted then!
  • Too early yet. Expect some action about 11:30 pm on Jan 31.
  • There are many posters who are calling out for the Yanks to spend big. To them I say, beware of what you wish for.

I say this because if, and it's a big if, the Yanks sanction the spending of a large sum of money and it would have to be tens of £millions, then the responsibility for spending those millions would rest with the recruitment team led by HJ and for which he MUST be accountable.

So lets look at his record when spending in excess of £5m on any one player. Apologies if I've missed anyone out

Shelvey £5m, Bony £13m (first time), Carroll £5m, Eder £5m, Fernandez £7m, J Ayew £7m, Paloschi £8m, Llorente £5m, Baston £15m, Narsingh £5m, Clucas £17m, Mesa £12m, Naughton £5m, Bony £13m (second time)

I haven't included Siggy as he was a swap for Ben. 

I have highlighted those that in my opinion, have been a success on the field. We have to look at playing success and not financial gain at this point, as it is the only thing that matters over the next four months.

Given the above, who in all honesty, would entrust HJ with large sums of money in the transfer market, over the next four weeks ? I have asked this question several times recently and not had one response to say that they would entrust HJ. So why are there still people clamouring for the club to spend big ? Are they hoping that by the law of averages, HJ must get one right eventually ?
  • Steve said:
    Not that I am suggesting we should but we almost signed Yiadom in the last window and are supposed to be moving in for him come January. Considering our desperate LB/RB situation you would have thought we might have done the deal by now. Surely we don't need to sell before signing him!
    he got injured over Christmas
  • That will be it then, good news maybe!
  • He wants someone from his old club Sheff weds
  • We don't necessarily need to jeopardise our club if we follow our principles. Any player coming in now must be hungry and have a potential resale value (for if/when we drop) That is why I never liked inflated prices for Chadli who fails on both counts and is injury prone - but young German/Spanish/Dutch/Italian/African talent - Sure!! No 10 position is the priority if we have to pay a little more - but must have a resale value - for full back and winger positions  - younrg ambitious and talented all day long
  • the problem is its too late to bring chadli in now anyway, injured or not. It should have been done in august and we might not find ourselves in the crap now. Bringing in a seasoned, expensive premier league player would have added confidence and a spring in the step to the squad after losing siggy and llorente. 

Instead we brought in Clucas....
  • enaitch said:
    He wants someone from his old club Sheff weds
    I hope that's not Bannon. all the Wednesday fans think we'll be in for him.
  • interesting is he mentioned that he'd already identified players to go. wouldn't name names, but he had some.
  • Yiadom not as badly injured but think he will be one signing Huws speciality
  • Jackareme said:
    We don't necessarily need to jeopardise our club if we follow our principles. Any player coming in now must be hungry and have a potential resale value (for if/when we drop) That is why I never liked inflated prices for Chadli who fails on both counts and is injury prone - but young German/Spanish/Dutch/Italian/African talent - Sure!! No 10 position is the priority if we have to pay a little more - but must have a resale value - for full back and winger positions  - younrg ambitious and talented all day long
    I agree, Chadli maybe should have been signed back in August, too late now.  There are some decent players who might be worth a go, khama billiat I have been told looks a good player and another doing well and may fit the creative number 10 role is Alireza jahanbakhsh at AS Alkmaar.