Football betting site Betway

Time to concentrate on what matters

Have to make the following points on the on going issues of pointing fingers of blame and who I believe we should be venting our anger at if investment into the playing squad does not happen or the quality of players brought in is poor

Old Board/shareholders as with any business have a right to sell their shares in the company which is Swansea City

The Trust for what ever reason did not at the time sell their shares

The Trust say they were kept out of initial negotiations - The Old Board/selling shareholders say they notified them about an agreement to sell 

The fact is, as an elected Board of Swansea City, Including the Trust there was not sufficient due diligence carried out in ascertaining who the buyers were IE 2 individuals or as is now known 27 individuals and putting on hold the completion of the sale without guarantees

The sale was made by those who sold, to make money.

The Trust has always stated that they are there to protect the fans, so whether they could have sold at the same time or in future matters, but is irrelevant to the clubs current situation.

The consortium of 27 is not a good set up for investment into the business which is Swansea City pure and simple too many small investors

But the fact remains:

HJ and other shareholders had a right to sell but obviously did not give enough thought about the club for actual investment.

Surely with continued Income from Premier League they could have borrowed more funds to improve the team

What is the point of a bank balance being in the black or minimum overdrafts/loans if the business needs to spend money to progress, They could have borrowed funds.

Being Prudent they looked to sell. Great Idea, benefit the club.

NO

Cannot see direct investment from the new owners.

They have bought shares to make money from dividends, that can be the only real scenario with 27 investors

Two things currently matter

HJ is effectively an employee of the main shareholders as chairman - so nothing will be achieved with continued abuse towards him

The new owner need to sort out investment into the playing squad or sell up to someone who will invest

Personally this is where would I wish to vent my frustrations to

The New Owners - they have stated they came on board to take the club to the next level

Then actually do it

The thing is if the new owners actually had already invested in the team there would probably be no issues from the fans towards the old shareholders.

So Levien and Kaplan stump up the cash

This is what I am calling for

Other than this I believe any further venting of anger towards others is now a waste of time and only goes to work against our team

This is my one and only time I hope to comment on the subject

Any responses will be read by me with great interest the same as all the posts that I read on this site I am interested  though to find out if there are many that may agree with the sentiment of my post

Before any one calls me a HJ sympathiser I am not I believe he owed more to the club than to sell just for profit - but what is done is done

Need to focus on the here and now 

STID 

Comments

• Well said MJD,you have summarised my feelings much more eloquently than I could have done myself.

As you state it's here and now that counts, in order to lift the team for the next three or four months,and it is essential that the Owners give the same support in the Tranfer Window by putting in extra investment to supplement the summer profits.

Only then will they have any credibility for me at least.
  • edited January 2018
    It's not going (or at least highly unlikely) to happen.

MJD   -    see this thread

This is a must read about our owners 

See @Colin_swansea post 3rd down.

Depressing I know but there it is.

• moorlands said:
    Well said MJD,you have summarised my feelings much more eloquently than I could have done myself.

As you state it's here and now that counts, in order to lift the team for the next three or four months,and it is essential that the Owners give the same support in the Tranfer Window by putting in extra investment to supplement the summer profits.

Only then will they have any credibility for me at least.

Thank you Moorlands

I believe having re read an earlier post that Big Oak put it into words too what I am y=thinking

The past is done, however you would have hope that through due diligence that guarantees of intentions would have been obtained from the new investors to safe guard our club and then any anger against those that sold would be minimal or even not happening.

I also believe that picking out HJ as an individual target is too much a bullying tactic for me especially as he now only effectively acts as a mouth piece for the new owners

Surely the most important fact is now that the new owners invest and if not then the anger should be towards them as it was towards Petty, in days long gone.

We can only hope it is not a modern day scenario of the same

• I posted something along these Iines the other day so sorry for any repetition, but...

There are four main ways in which a club can stay solvent in the short term and push on to the ‘next level’ in the medium term:
    1 Get a sugar daddy and hope they don’t screw you over like they did to Portsmouth or Hearts (and Iive forever with the accusation that you didn’t earn success you bought it)
    2 Go into debt and hope you can carry on avoiding the drop and keep on servicing that debt forever
    3 Expand your gate income by increasing your ground capacity until you get to a sustainable level, as Arsenal have done (at the price of postponing their own ‘next level’ seemingly forever)
    4 Become a selling club, producing academy graduates you can sell on for a profit

It seems to me that the new owners opted for a mix of 3 and 4 to take us to the ‘next level’, but the fat lady has started singing before either option has come close to paying off. It is of course a moot point what the ‘next level’ was when they came on board. We may have thought that we were a financially secure, mid table club looking to push on to more regular contention for the Europa League places. They may have taken a closer look at the financials and saw that we were a financially insecure club one bad run of results away from relegation, looking to push on to mid table security. Either way neither of us got what we wanted.
  • edited January 2018
    5. you dilute the shares as Palace did, thus getting extra investment into the club.

The owners taking the hit short term.
  • I don't believe it is simply a case of the Yanks providing money to invest in players this month. We cannot either ignore history and simply say that we should concentrate on the future.
    The Yanks allowed HJ to spend circa £47m last summer. Yes, this was less than what was raised through sales, but still a record for SCFC in any transfer window. 
    However, the players brought in under HJ's leadership have been, to date, a poor return on investment. This doesn't apply simply to the last window. Look at HJ's record over the last 3 - 4 years,  it's been very, very poor.
    So, would anyone be happy for the Yanks to provide significant monies  to HJ over the next four weeks, which would be at the expense of a significant debt on the club, only for him to achieve the same success in the quality of players brought in ?
    MarkG
  • You can check all the signings we've made over the past 3-4 years here: 

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/swansea/english-football-teams/swansea-city-transfers.

Can't say the facts bear up to being described as very poor.....a few flops but all in all we've signed players who have served the club well, but that's my opinion.

We still have 30-40 million to spend. That's the amount from the siggy sale. Now are there the players out there who want to come? 
    I'm hoping CC can find us someone in the championship who is premiership quality or some player in his extensive contact book. The January window is always difficult with inflated prices and a smaller pool of available players of quality. I'm sure we will see some additions but they might not be big names. An unknown couple of sardines that can do a job might be more realistic an outcome as alluded to by CC. One thing I'll say is that I like the new manager. A charismatic honest man who articulates himself well in his adopted language. I hope he's successful because like every manager he's judged on his win rate. For the moment he's a breath of fresh air.
    Jackareme
  • Pablo said:
    You can check all the signings we've made over the past 3-4 years here: 

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/swansea/english-football-teams/swansea-city-transfers.

Can't say the facts bear up to being described as very poor.....a few flops but all in all we've signed players who have served the club well, but that's my opinion.

We still have 30-40 million to spend. That's the amount from the siggy sale. Now are there the players out there who want to come? 
    I'm hoping CC can find us someone in the championship who is premiership quality or some player in his extensive contact book. The January window is always difficult with inflated prices and a smaller pool of available players of quality. I'm sure we will see some additions but they might not be big names. An unknown couple of sardines that can do a job might be more realistic an outcome as alluded to by CC. One thing I'll say is that I like the new manager. A charismatic honest man who articulates himself well in his adopted language. I hope he's successful because like every manager he's judged on his win rate. For the moment he's a breath of fresh air.
    A few flops Pablo? in the post Laudrup era it has been a catalogue of disasters. Fabianski and Mawson the only 2 who have proven top half of Premier League quality. I would add the second reincarnation of Wilf but jury is out and Tammy and Sanches are just passing through.
  • Pablo said:
    You can check all the signings we've made over the past 3-4 years here: 

Pablo
    cash has already started dripping over the Atlantic and you will find there is less than £25m available for new players
  • The only obvious outcome to this situation is that the Swans will get relegated.  The American owners will look to exploit the parachute payment and top up their greedy bank accounts.   At some point when all the financial wells are drained the greedy Americans will look to get out as there is no further reason to own a club fast sliding into administration.   At that point in time the Trust who never sold their shares will be in a very strong position to own the club outright. 

Does that sound realistic or feasible to anyone?
  • Pablo

I understand that everyone is entitled to their opinion, particularly when it comes to a very subjective assessment of any players success on the field of play. However, are you seriously suggesting that of the players listed in the link that you kindly provided, only a few of them were flops ? Bearing in mind of course that I did say within the last 3-4 years. I would suggest that the majority of them would be classed as poor value for money
    Mark_Jack_London

• cash has already started dripping over the Atlantic and you will find there is less than £25m available for new players
    Col,

if the Americans have been syphoning money out of the club, that would be behind the Trusts back?

Not sure how legally they can do that, especially without the knowledge of a shareholder with 21% stake in the company.
  • are Llorente, Siggurdson, Mawson, Fernandez, Bony twice, Olsson, the kind of poor signings...to name a few? yes subjective, but then you know I look on the bright side and know realistically we're competing with any team below Everton. Forget the top six. I think what people often wish for is marquee signings usually associated with top six sides. As an Everton discard though I'd not want to pay 20M for Chadli
    So in a realistic world the past 3 seasons have been tough for us but we've survived season on season and to me that's success.
    I think the proof of asset stripping is if we see no ambition in the window to at least bring in some new faces. Until then I'll give them 3 weeks to show some real intent.
  • Pablo,
    I would agree that the first 4 you mentioned would be classed as successful. However the second Bony signing certainly hasn't been successful yet, and he can only be judged on performance to date. For him to have had any chance of hitting the ground running, he would have needed to be signed much earlier, enabling him to have had a full pre season behind him, and any experienced DoF should have appreciated that.
    As for Ollsen, I would totally accept that last season he did a very good job for us. However, this season, he has played at nowhere near the same level. 
    Overall, you have referred to 6 players out of a total of 44 shown in the list you referred to, and signed since 2014/15.
    In my book, that's a pretty poor return on investment, 
    Jackareme