Football betting site Betway

Where is the money from the sale of siggy and other players??

The board need to come out and say where the money has gone on the sale of siggy and other players. 

Instead of just saying there is limited funds.

Someone needs to speak up. 

They are taking the piss. 

Comments

• Sid we are now managed within a portfolio of other investments to provide a return to the 27 investors - guess where the money has gone !!! 
  • Im sure Ponty will be able to come up with a good excuse why we are skint. 
  • Its obvious that the board wont come out with any disclosure to the fans. 

The Trust has a seat on the board why wont they disclose any details to the fans? 
  • HJ did say the profits from the Siggy sale are still there. From my calculations I think we are 19m in the black since the investment consortium took control
  • Calculations based on what the papers reported we spent or earned on past transfer dealings are meaningless. First of all these sums may be wildly exaggerated by the media - few of them are made public by the clubs. Secondly the payments are often staged - we may not see the last of the money for Sigurdsson for a year or two, and we may still be making payments for players we signed a year ago. And vice versa. And thirdly it’s often not all clean cash but player swaps and other types of payment in kind. It work OK on FIFA 18 but real life is more messy.

There’s someone on here who keeps coming up with random calculations about how much money the shareholders have supposedly squirrelled away over the years. He absolutely believes it. He is of course saying that the auditors have been hoodwinked, or bought off, and the supporter directors have either looked the other way or been too stupid to recognise when someone if walking off with the family silver under their noses. If you believe that you will believe anything.

The question now is - do we put all the available reserves (however much that is) on one spin of the roulette wheel and try to stay up at any costs, save it all for rebuilding if we do get relegated, or invest some of it now in a couple of good players and save the rest in case the worse happens? And what effect will the reaction of supporters have on their decisions?
  • Well what is concerning me is rumour that alfie and fabs are on their way out. If that is true then we should all go home and never come back. 
  • i don't want them to say how much money they have. that's asking for trouble when it comes to negotiations in this window especially.

I just want to see them spend in excess of £25m, because we know there's a minimum of that in the bank!
  • Funny thing about all this is the story that the club was sold to the US 'investors' as we were struggling to make ends meet. We had to sell Shelvey to cover costs.
    How are we now any better off?
  • Well my understanding is that in a good year we might make £21m profit in transfers (like we did under Laudrup), finish eighth (like we did under Monk), get lots of games on TV and a cup run. In a bad year we finish close to the relegation places, make a loss on transfers (both of which happened last year), get kicked out of the cups early and get the minimum games on TV. The difference between the two could be £30m+, which is a hell of a lot when your total turnover is £110m. And if you have supporters who demand that every single surplus penny from transfers is reinvested in players then you are probably running on zero reserves. 

To answer your question we are better off because the new shareholders have deeper pockets so the banks won’t shut off their credit if we have problems paying an instalment.

I have been on the board of an organisation which borrowed tens of millions from a bank to fund a major investment and I can promise you the fine detail you have to comply with is absolutely terrifying - miss one payment or fail to keep your profit margin above a certain level and they have the right to walk away with the keys.
  • Or 27 little pockets it would seem

enaitch
  • To be honest though Cadleigh, most banks couldn't care less who you are , provided you pay up when you have to, after all its not the investors they would look at, its the company model in terms of profit, loss, turnover etc. Investors who do not invest are pointless surely?
  • So how will the bank view the Swans if they get relegated and said income is reduced by toughly £100 mil there pockets would need to be grand canyon size . But they will not invest end off
  • 16 points from 22 games with no imminent signings and highly unlikely we'll spend enough to keep us afloat. No new money to help our cause. Certainly doesn't feel like we're better off.  
  • Guys , the money was never intended to be spent on players its to make a profit . this is a hedge fund  if anyone believe the crap about shelvey and the no money in pot they need their heads  read.

The new guy was brought in for the championship, one or two years in there and the yanks have made a huge profit  they will disappear. the prem years are the cats cream to them the get out strategy is two years in championship  its called parachute money

Look at the narrative from the new man today on signings? the sad thing is we are still in the race just 4 points in it. if there was ever a time to spend for the football in prem its now1

when are you gonna wake up to these Hedge Fund vultur
  • i don't want them to say how much money they have. that's asking for trouble when it comes to negotiations in this window especially.

I just want to see them spend in excess of £25m, because we know there's a minimum of that in the bank!
    Who’s we? your back of a fag packet maths might suggest it but unfortunately what we don’t see is signing on fees, loyalty fees, agents fees and other unforeseen associated costs, that little lot adds up. I’m not saying that there’s no money but we need to be realistic. Money can not be syphoned off, that is embezzlement

• bigoak said:
    Guys , the money was never intended to be spent on players its to make a profit . this is a hedge fund  if anyone believe the crap about shelvey and the no money in pot they need their heads  read.

The new guy was brought in for the championship, one or two years in there and the yanks have made a huge profit  they will disappear. the prem years are the cats cream to them the get out strategy is two years in championship  its called parachute money

Look at the narrative from the new man today on signings? the sad thing is we are still in the race just 4 points in it. if there was ever a time to spend for the football in prem its now1

when are you gonna wake up to these Hedge Fund vultur
    Let’s look at the facts, they could have sold siggy in 2016, Everton offered £30m, they held out for one more year, yes they got an extra £10m but fair dos for keeping him, anything could have changed, injury, form, who knows
  • It makes no sense for them to take us down, yes they are here to make money but they’ll only make it if we are a PL side, they cannot take parachute money out to repay themselves that is embezzlement and cannot happen, they can take a dividend only if we’re in profit but if we were to go down, they would be hell bent on getting us back up so that they could then try and flip us, the only way PL clubs make money
  • Jac, come the end of this transfer window, we will all know for sure their intentions for our beloved club
  • I agree with Jac. I don't really see what's in it for them to get relegated. It means making money much harder for them - which is what they are in this for.

And I can't believe that they are so stupid to think that they can manage this team like they have DC and the Grizzlies will work for them financially.

Unless of course they are already finding a way to take money out of the club, like happened at Arsenal - consultancy fees!
  • MJL. Someone did tell them there was relegation didn’t they???
  • Jac is correct, nothing in it for them really in going down, problem is they are an investment fund so there will be no additional funds other than those generated by the club either through commercial activities or player sales. Simple as. I think they Had watched jack to a king a few too many times and believed that Jenkins was a genius and were relying on us continuing on a comparative shoestring to stay in the Prem year after year. Oh dear.
  • What confuses me slightly is that the Americans said that they basically shook hands with Huw in Dec 2015 to buy the shares. However one month later according to Huw the club was broke . So what made the Yanks buy shares in a loss making business .
    Mark_Jack_LondonBifbigoak
  • I guess the price of 60 odd million was still attractive to them for control of a mid table premier league club - which up until then had one blip of a season. I have worked for companies bought by investment funds/PE, their typical business plan is to keep control for 3 or 4 years (usually a max of 5), cut costs (usually people - less easy to do at a PL club), sell non core assets/businesses and then look to sell the remaining business at a profit or IPO it.
    Ahead of that they probably thought here’s a premier league club going cheap, we can ride the increase of popularity of “Soccer” in the US around the owned by Americans, managed by an American story and sell millions of shirts and be a leader in TV negotiations for PL in NA. Then flip
    Put too much trust in Jenkins and his fellow genius Dineen - what I cant fathom is why the Americans haven’t sacked Jenkins if I were them it would be the first thing I would have done
  • That is the single thing that confuses me about the fears expressed here by many that if we are relegated the Americans will still be happy.
    Surely they will then own an asset with much reduced value,and therefore will probably be unable to recover their original investment of 60mil plus if they wanted to sell and get out.Surely parachute payments will be needed to continue to run the club and by law they couldn't just pocket this even if they wanted to.

I can't see how in the short term they can make a killing unless we stay up for at least a couple more years?My investment experience is nil,and if I have misunderstood would be interested to be corrected.

• Think the only way out for them now is to sell our remaining major player assets - most likely Fab/Mawson and run the business as a going concern for the next 2-3 years as player money comes through from the sales over the last few seasons and they can pay dividends if the revised structure of the business allows. Stating the obvious, but the next 3 weeks will be telling if we hold on to these guys and invest what relatively little we have, or...
  • Everyone goes on about hedge fund but would it make it more palatable if they were billionaires? Moore and Noell were just that, both parties are in it for the money. In fact it makes me laugh when supporters say they are only in it for the money, YES THEY ARE
  • By the way, we’re not down yet, I’d like to see some movement in the transfer market and it p*sses me off that we don’t do business early so we get three more games out of incoming players, come on HJ, finger out
  • if you get bought by a billionaire you have different issues and challenges but even as a Prem league club we are not interesting for those guys - still a relatively small club, don’t own our stadium, not that marketable overseas.
  • If they're only in it for the money I very much doubt they'll waste any on transfers it'll be the usual ' sell before we buy "
  • Yep, that’s my take on it. Let’s see what happens through January. I see Mawson rumours building up a head of steam and rumours about Fab and Liverpool starting../