Football betting site Betway

Get behind the club for a change!

Comments

• Now now JA we remember what happened the last time .....
    DubDragon
  •  :) what ever do you mean mate  :#
    DubDragonenaitch
  •  I believe this thread title is right, Get behind the CLUB, come on Charlie10, Bob and Lone_Rambler stop trying to undermine Graham Potter and his team, and set up him and our our players to fail.

Stop being unthinking mouthpieces for the status quo, you remind me of Petty supporters in the day. Its clear that is who you would have supported if you were old enough to have been there when the rest of us had to save our club.

Have an opinion but have one with some thought and evidence, not 'its my opinion and if you dont agree Ill slag you off' because thats easier than have some basis for the opinion.

Flat Earthers have opinions, and they sound very much like your opinions, they dont stand up to scrutiny.
    DubDragonBobgarythenotrashcougar
  • Yes SJ proper fans support the club through thick and thin but don’t wear blinkers while watching . So far in pre season with the squad and performances it doesn’t fill me with hope more of anger and despair . Not with GP but towards the board for once again dithering over transfers . Transfers don’t happen overnight deals are sorted over time but for not trying to move players in and out  until the last few days is baffling . It will take a new player a couple of weeks to get used to his team mates and style of play . It’s all well and good going on about saving money etc deficits et al but if there’s no additions to the squad of talent saving money will be the least of the problems
    DubDragon
  • Charlie 10
    I don’t know how long you’ve been following the Swans, but the problem is most of us on here are realists and we’ve been supporters for as long as u can remember. I don’t think it’s a crtisism or out team but an observation of how poor our squad is. The squad we have at the moment will be fighting a relagation  battle. The only hope we have is that Clucas, Bony Ayew stay and that that they get fit quickly. Now a midfield including Fer and Clucas would go some way to improving things, but Grimes and Fulton, dear me we have gone backwards.
    Its now the greed of Jenkins , Morgan and that horrid man Dinnen as really come to bite us in the arse. How can HJ be trusted. He’s a puppet for the b.....,d Yanks, 
    So when you spout your nonsense about negativity, have a look at the bigger picture, have you not been around for the last three seasons.
    Btw nothing would give me greater pleasure in being proved wrong. I think we have a good manager but it’s a bit like a goof Chippy not being able to use his saw and hammer. He’s pissing in the wind with this board 
    DubDragongarythenotrashcougar

• This simply sums it up for me.
  • No commitment from owners, this is the reality.  All monies will be transferred into the bank accounts of those who don't have any passion for our club.   whatever HJ done for the club previously has now gone.  HJ could have retired as a legend , but instead will be remembered as the guy who got rich.  We have again made the fatal mistake of not signing the quality we need to survive in the Championship based on the argument that we had to sell before buying.  Well that argument got us relegated from the premier league.   Potter now has to work with what he has got, and no doubt he will develop talent, but ask yourselves what will happen when we develop a few gems (£££££) yes sell.   There are those out there that actually believe we will sustain a top 6 finish, now that really is ambitious , but I admire your faith.   The Yanks will probably pull out when we hit the depths of DIV 1.  We have a choice, either sit back and watch this happen or take to demonstrating and  protesting.  I remember the Petty era, this bunch are just as bad if not worse.   
    Keith
  • What really pisses me off no comment from our chairman or the owners. It’s so unprofessional . After being relegated you would think they’d have the decency to address us and explain what plans they have in place. Disgrace. 
    • Fans don't come into their reckoning,  its  purely financial in how much they can line their pockets.  As I said earlier they will drain the club of all it resources and then leave when there is not much else  to take.    I ask why we have sold Bartley to WBA when we really have no back up in that area.  6-7 Million gained but where do we go to replace,  are we going to look to Yeovil, Bristol Rovers, perhaps Barry Town for a replacement.  I feel sorry for Potter because the fans will turn on him and he will leave and another stooge will take his place.  
    Keith
  • Charlie10 said:
    It comes to something when you get called a fake for supporting your team. Can this forum sink any lower?
    Give it time.    ;)
  • edited July 2018
    Bob said:
    Welcome Charlie10. Thanks for your positive posts and the breath of fresh air brought to this forum.
    Bigoak only posts during times of failure. Andrew predicts the same thing year in year in year out and is the first to tell everybody that he is right when eventually something happens.
    Colin, GaryTNTC, etc are always right and, alongside Bigoak and others, are SCFC "experts" and everybody else is not a true fan.
    Insult any of these and the mighty Webmaster gives you a bollocking but it's ok for these "true fans" to insult you.
    Like many who read this forum occasionally I am looking forward to the coming season. We are developing a team with pace and an attacking philosophy. Of course we haven't got everything in place as yet but are offloading "unwanted" (by most on this site) players well, freeing funding for incoming.
    Let's all give GP and his team a chance and, more importantly, stop abusing our own players as this site does only too well. We are moving in the right direction.
    I like this post a lot and have to agree....and also with Charlie10, who posted the original plea. You're brave to appeal to the neg heads but it won't work. They're too set in their ways! ;) Tis the way of the football fan....we'll just have to put up with them I'm afraid, but nice try 
    Llanjack
  • The direction being in a downward spiral.
    Ashw021
  •  I believe this thread title is right, Get behind the CLUB, come on Charlie10, Bob and Lone_Rambler stop trying to undermine Graham Potter and his team, and set up him and our our players to fail.

Stop being unthinking mouthpieces for the status quo, you remind me of Petty supporters in the day. Its clear that is who you would have supported if you were old enough to have been there when the rest of us had to save our club.

Have an opinion but have one with some thought and evidence, not 'its my opinion and if you dont agree Ill slag you off' because thats easier than have some basis for the opinion.

Flat Earthers have opinions, and they sound very much like your opinions, they dont stand up to scrutiny.
    Speakerjack....give it up mate. Bob had it spot on....negativity is a state of mind and there are fans on this site that revel in it. There's nothing they love better than venting spleen.....look for conspiracy everywhere, just love it when they can stick the boot in. Over and over the neg heads use mob tactics to nullify opposition to their narratives, built on exaggeration hyperbole and a penchant for the morose. 
    Frequent comparisons are made with the Petty era.....right on the back of our most successful period in our history!
    you never had it so good, yet it was conspiracy and theft that led to our relegation. It's a balanced view from Bob who very succinctly and plainly pigeonholed the lot of you. And one I support and recognise.
    But as I said - no good appealing to them as they are genetically programmed to only see the downside. Optimism and enjoying life isn't part of their DNA. And there we have it.
    Diversity! democracy.....and sometimes goodwill! Takes all sorts I suppose

Llanjack
  • Charlie 10
    I don’t know how long you’ve been following the Swans, but the problem is most of us on here are realists and we’ve been supporters for as long as u can remember. I don’t think it’s a crtisism or out team but an observation of how poor our squad is. The squad we have at the moment will be fighting a relagation  battle. The only hope we have is that Clucas, Bony Ayew stay and that that they get fit quickly. Now a midfield including Fer and Clucas would go some way to improving things, but Grimes and Fulton, dear me we have gone backwards.
    Its now the greed of Jenkins , Morgan and that horrid man Dinnen as really come to bite us in the arse. How can HJ be trusted. He’s a puppet for the b.....,d Yanks, 
    So when you spout your nonsense about negativity, have a look at the bigger picture, have you not been around for the last three seasons.
    Btw nothing would give me greater pleasure in being proved wrong. I think we have a good manager but it’s a bit like a goof Chippy not being able to use his saw and hammer. He’s pissing in the wind with this board 
    your post perfectly illustrates what Charlie10 and Bob are on about.....not a ball kicked but in your expert opinion we're going to be fighting a relegation battle!!  :D  
    Llanjack
  • Llanjack said:
    If the board gave Potter the tools to do his job then I’m sure everyone would be positive.
    unfortunately it’s another season of deja vu where the board are neglecting their duty and the manager is hamstrung before the season starts, hence the negativity.

We're having to make massive savings after relegation, this means not so much money for transfers. The logic being don't spend what you don't have. Our TV money has gone. Our revenue made less. What would you have us do? Sorry to disagree but people need to wake up to the different finances of the Championship. Clubs with sugar daddies can still throw the cash around in the endless gamble but we're going for the sustaining route plus we have an academy of players nurtured and developed in the Swansea way from an early age. This is our future.
    Llanjack
  • Pablo,

Well that's a total revelation to me. I didn't realise we needed to make savings as a result of relegation. That explains everything now. Silly old me.

Best 'get behind the boys' and shut my mouth. My negativity might just be the difference between Fulton and Grimes becoming world class. I couldn't live with myself, not knowing if I was to blame.

Am I allowed to be a bit upset if we lose though? Or have I got to put a brave face on in case it upsets 'the boys'?
  • Pablo,
    as a true supporter are you happy with the current situation our club is in given what has gone on & what we have been told in the last 3/4 seasons??!!
    Llanjack
  • At present they’ve made £20 odd mill on transfers and saved on ten prem wages so surely some cash should be given for transfers/ loans and cover the wages ..The financial year lasts for 12 months so no need to sell all the Jewels in this window as there’s stil January . If one or two big earners stay and help the team develop great . But the board need to help GP ensure the squad is good enough for the season ahead. Maybe players will come in this week
  • Charlie

To an extent, I agree with your position that we should get behind the manager and the team, giving them the maximum support that we can. I for one, will be doing that, home and away, throughout the season, come what may.

However, that doesn't prevent me from recognising that, as we stand, we are in for a VERY difficult season with the players currently at our disposal. 

There is no confliction in those two statements. It is possible to support your team, whilst recognising it's shortcomings and expressing your views on those shortcomings.

I also believe that with the right influx of players and the retention of some players recovering from injury, we could have a successful season, with the playoffs a possibility. But then, I always have been an optimist.
  • edited July 2018
    @Pablo: With a name like yours I'm just surprised you are such Trump-ette. Everything which doesnt agree with your philosophy is Fake News. Trying to ally yourself with the rather naïve,poorly thought through, fact free posts of recent days undermines some of the good points you make...sometimes.

We were relegated because we were not good enough, that simple. It need not have happened, and was the result of poor decisions made over a period of years, which betrayed our previous approach and philosophy. GP and his team are trying to get back that philosophy, and almost by definition it wasn't about the status quo and accepting blindly anything, it questioned everything, sought for and found a better way.

The negativity exists in your minds, frustration and desperation is what I read on this forum day after day, with opportunity after opportunity being missed. 

Charlie10 Bob and Lone_Rambler are not supporters of GP, the team or the club. They undermine them by being the mindless followers of whatever status quo exists.

The facts during pre season are we have played 6 matches, scored 5 goals and conceded 7 goals. It's very convenient to ignore this and say that they don't matter, which might have some credibility if our performance in most of the matches was good, sadly it wasn't. That level of goal scoring and conceding is relegation level performance. 

GP and his management team have my support and virtually all of the posters despite this fact, but that doesn't blind us to the clear and obvious problems we have, clear to anyone who understands football that is. The frustration exists because it has been clear for months that we would have to strengthen the squad, a fact that GP has publically admitted, but of course from the recent posts, you and the posters disagree with him on that fact, as you all are saying we don't need any other players the squad and the team that Charlie10 has suggested will be more than adequate to overpower most Championship teams. Clearly none of you support GP and as you believe new additions to be superfluous. If you believe that then you know very little about football.

Unless of course GPs post on the Club website is itself Fake News, perhaps one of the posters on this forum faked it and the club hasn't noticed. Everything GP has said over the last couple of weeks agrees with the majority of posters, but not with you and your status quo compatriots. Perhaps something to reflect upon.

I believe GP will make us competitive this year but not without 5 new players in key positions. If we don't get them it will be beyond even him this year. Then it will be another avoiding relegation battle when all the good work GP has done in trying to get us playing the right way will be lost in the pursuit again of maintaining the status quo.

You and your colleagues should take a good look in the mirror, because you are a major part of the problem along with your mirror images who see conspiracy and fraud everywhere.
    DubDragon
  • Speakerjack...keep it coming mate...you're ably demonstrating that charlie 10 and bob have a point. I never try to persuade anyone to my worldview...but I';ll always pick up people on points of accuracy. I'm glad you feel so secure in your judgements good. By the way haven't even bothered reading your long post...can't be bothered with it as I know exactly what it'll contain: a defence of the defenceless...
  • Pablo said:
    Pablo,

Well that's a total revelation to me. I didn't realise we needed to make savings as a result of relegation. That explains everything now. Silly old me.

Best 'get behind the boys' and shut my mouth. My negativity might just be the difference between Fulton and Grimes becoming world class. I couldn't live with myself, not knowing if I was to blame.

Am I allowed to be a bit upset if we lose though? Or have I got to put a brave face on in case it upsets 'the boys'?
    shut up Gary you're a whining idiot and proving it over and over with your less than smart arse comments. 
    Come on now Pablo, don't be so negative.
    Pablo
  • @Pablo: Sadly You live up to your name, with every post.

Small by name and Small by nature.
  • @Pablo: Sadly You live up to your name, with every post.

Small by name and Small by nature.
    well speakerjack....that's fine. I don't give a toss what insults come my way [that last one was a bit timid, must try harder]....it's not like you know me, though you keyboard warriors with your invective, are convinced you do. It's sort of sad to see the original post illustrated by you bozos so ably. Taking the bait so enthusiastically and coming out en masse.
     The mob. As listed in Bob's searching and thought provoking  post.
  • Pablo said:
    Pablo,

shut up Gary you're a whining idiot and proving it over and over with your less than smart arse comments. 
    Come on now Pablo, don't be so negative.
    ha ha go get yourself a new outlook...that one you have is rubbish :p
  • ...and you're shrinking with every post. I'd hoped you at least believed what you said, and wanted to have a reasoned debate, which is the point of the forum.

As you say you are clearly a sad keyboard warrior who, from the last post, doesn't  seem to care about the club but just wants to try to insult.

Disappointing really, never mind and goodbye.
  • BigG said:
    Pablo,
    as a true supporter are you happy with the current situation our club is in given what has gone on & what we have been told in the last 3/4 seasons??!!
    that question has nothing to do with this thread...this thread is about the personality of the negative fan who have a tendency to only sing one tune and it's a dirge.
    To answer your question. Yes I'm happy to be at this point....about to begin the season with a new manager and young squad made up of academy players and premier league old boys. As regards situation of the  previous seasons...it's old news, been well covered and of no interest to me now. More importantly,  it does not reflect in the optimism I now feel. My opinion is that this is a reboot, a recallibration, and I'm not about to write off our chances before a match has been played as many have done. This thread was a plea to get behind the players we have. Support your team and stop being so down on them when really the people who have these opinions aren't experts, only fans. A dull lot mostly! ;)  
  • Look there is a lot of back and forth here about negativity, etc, etc.

The main point I was trying to make is a meaningful ball has not been kicked yet and some fans are writing us off as relegation candidates that is not acceptable.

You can talk about a bigger picture about the squad but the fact is the big earners have not moved on as quickly as the management would have liked and its caused a delay in brining players in.

My point is why don't we get behind the team and make a more meaningful assessment after 10 games of football.

• I'm certain we will all be behind whoever plays on Saturday, we need to try and be competitive for those first 10 matches and try and be in the mix. Whoever gets brought in in the next few weeks and plays I'm sure GP will make the team better as the season progresses.

STID
  • Chalie10, agree about a meaningful ball not being kicked but you can see where the first team needs improving all people me included is saying is the owners wont spend, they made a profit on last years transfers, and are in profit this window but wont speculate a penny of new money to ensure the manager who i think EVERYONE wishes well to has a competatve team to start those 10 game could be the start of something good with wins or bad with loses , am sure you can see after the time these owners have been in charge its always last min and cheaper options we are missing out on guys who WILL make a big impact by them doing nothing and being long winded but i respect your post