Football betting site Betway

FAO Andrew

I can't hear you now? 

Criticised Potter, McBurnie in fact the whole team? 

Come on apologise 

Richjack2003devonshireswanNorth_Bank_Boy

Comments

• Charlie - I sincerely hope that Andrew, BigOak, Phillip and the others who have been sceptical about our chances are having a nice beer (or soft drink if they prefer) this evening and will come on here tomorrow and discuss the merits of the individual performances.

If you want to enjoy a moral victory the best way to do that is not to rub your opponents’ noses in it when you have the upper hand but rise above such pettiness.

Have you ever done Transactional Analysis (TA)? The idea is that when we have an exchange with someone, in person or on social media, we consciously or unconsciously adopt one of three ‘personas’ - parent, child, or neutral. If someone talks down to you they are trying to be the ‘parent’ and they are hoping that they will get you riled and make you respond as an angry ‘child’. If you do, they have won. The key is not to play their game but to respond to them in ‘neutral’ - no emotion, no recognition of the game they are trying to play. Nothing is more guaranteed to send them over the edge - they are expecting you to come back with a furious, frustrated rant. Don’t give them what they are looking for. Easier said than done of course, especially after 96 minutes of edge of the seat exhilaration. 
    barry
  • Cadleigh said:
    Charlie - I sincerely hope that Andrew, BigOak, Phillip and the others who have been sceptical about our chances are having a nice beer (or soft drink if they prefer) this evening and will come on here tomorrow and discuss the merits of the individual performances.

If you want to enjoy a moral victory the best way to do that is not to rub your opponents’ noses in it when you have the upper hand but rise above such pettiness.

Have you ever done Transactional Analysis (TA)? The idea is that when we have an exchange with someone, in person or on social media, we consciously or unconsciously adopt one of three ‘personas’ - parent, child, or neutral. If someone talks down to you they are trying to be the ‘parent’ and they are hoping that they will get you riled and make you respond as an angry ‘child’. If you do, they have won. The key is not to play their game but to respond to them in ‘neutral’ - no emotion, no recognition of the game they are trying to play. Nothing is more guaranteed to send them over the edge - they are expecting you to come back with a furious, frustrated rant. Don’t give them what they are looking for. Easier said than done of course, especially after 96 minutes of edge of the seat exhilaration. 
    Cadleigh
  • I sincerely look forward to Andrew coming on here and substantiating these comments.

Potter is Monk and Clement rolled into one is a personal favourite.
  • There is a variation on Transactional Analysis where you just headbutt the pr1cks who are annoying you. I see you are a devotee of that branch.
  • edited August 2018
    Cadleigh said:
    Charlie - I sincerely hope that Andrew, BigOak, Phillip and the others who have been sceptical about our chances are having a nice beer (or soft drink if they prefer) this evening and will come on here tomorrow and discuss the merits of the individual performances.

• If you want to enjoy a moral victory the best way to do that is not to rub your opponents’ noses in it when you have the upper hand but rise above such pettiness.
    That is, if drawing a football match 2-2 constitutes a moral victory of course.

Me, I'd have kept my powder dry for the time being, but there we are.
  • Although Andrew’s numerous posts recently were gathering like dark ominous thunder clouds, thankfully the storm didn’t break thanks to an electrifying performance on the pitch. I’m sure lightning would have struck with his post match post had we lost thanks to a dismal display from the team and/or a loss. Interesting thing this TA as it looks as though the only response of the three with no value is that of the child. The thing is I feel like a kid with a new toy after that performance and it feels great. TA obviously doesn’t take into account all the possible reactions of a child as this one definitely has value. More of the same please, starting on Saturday.
  • I thought Ollie was poor on Friday with his all round game. Last night he was terrific. Players do have poor games from time to time, but it appears that our Andy Pandy 2 doesn’t see it that way. Will he have the decency to say what a terrific performance that was last night and how GP had his tactics spot on. The Shame of it is we have nobody on the bench to come on and give Ollie a break. What would a decent centre back, a central midfielder and another CF do to this squad. My great fear his injuries to any of those positions if we do not bring anyone in. So come on Andy man up, let us know what you thought of last night. I do agree with some things he says about the Yanks and his great friend HJ, but I also feel he wants us to fail to be proven right. We have a great manager, let’s hope he’s given the tools he deserves to work with 
  • Great Team performance, Excellent player performances across the pitch. I thought Fulton seemed inspired by playing alongside Fer, which freed up Celina and McKay which ultimately benefited Ollie as well. 

Really pleased for for the whole team.
  • Andy Leitch crickey that's going back. Gargling CF. I also remember Sam Autocue Leitch who did football focus before Bob Autocue Wilson.  That was before we knew what an autocue was.  We had suspicions only.
  • I thought Ollie was poor on Friday with his all round game. Last night he was terrific. Players do have poor games from time to time, but it appears that our Andy Pandy 2 doesn’t see it that way. Will he have the decency to say what a terrific performance that was last night and how GP had his tactics spot on. The Shame of it is we have nobody on the bench to come on and give Ollie a break. What would a decent centre back, a central midfielder and another CF do to this squad. My great fear his injuries to any of those positions if we do not bring anyone in. So come on Andy man up, let us know what you thought of last night. I do agree with some things he says about the Yanks and his great friend HJ, but I also feel he wants us to fail to be proven right. We have a great manager, let’s hope he’s given the tools he deserves to work with 
    Of course Andrew won't. Like Trump, Johnson and Farage he'll duck that and try and deflect attention with another attack on a different subject. Bigly.

To be honest it wouldn't surprise me if he started a thread criticising how Lenny Johnrose played for us back in the day. He only ever seems to see the bad in everything and everyone.

Best wishes to Lenny though, horrible disease and very sad news. Hopefully we can do something for him soon.
  • Cadleigh said:

Cadleigh
    I already posted last night on a few forums stating how well I thought they played, and eat humble pie on McBurny, who I thought was excellent. I also stated in previous posts that he needed more experience with them, he did Tuesday with Fer and Naughton playing from the start, I also stated that when he took the young Jock off and Fer it looked disjointed, which it did we conceded, then Olsen off had us hanging on.
    Never the less it was a fine performance.
    We still need more experience with these guys as their legs go and injuries during a 46 season.
    Jenkins needs to give GP more tools for him to be able to sustain it