Football betting site Betway

Match Discussion: Swans v Millwall - Championship 2018/19

edited February 2019 in Swansea City
This is the place to discuss all things related to the Swans v Millwall - Championship game on Saturday 9th February 2019.

Share your pre and post match thoughts, views on Graham Potter's pre or post match comments, team selection and score prediction!

The referee for the game is Kevin Friend.

Comments

• Ok let’s assume for one minute that Dan James will be available. I would go:

Mulder
    Roberts  CCV  VDH  John

Grimes        Fer

Dyer        Celina             James

McBurnie

Not sure if Fer or Routledge are free from injury now but if they are then Routledge from the bench along with
    Nordfelt, McKay, Byers, Naughton, Fulton, CBR, Narsingh, Harries.

I’ll be pleased with a draw but hoping for a win as ever.
  • That's pretty much our strongest team (Although I'd prefer Naughton over John) which if selected on a regular basis will do well in this division, only problem is injuries and suspensions (we can't afford either).
  • You might be right about Naughton being a better first pick. Not sure if he was fully fit however on account of him not being used as a sub on Saturday against Bristol City.
  • Naughton is struggling to play 2 games in 3/4 days and that is why GP rests him
  • he has been carrying a groin injury since before Christmas, and a knee injury.
  • Didn't see Fer in training photos. Both Routledge & Naughton were involved though as was Dan James
  • Fer has a hamstring injury. he'll be out for a couple more weeks.

• The youngsters are even more fully in the frame. Fingers crossed they can show that Fer isn’t the only first team option.
  • at the press meeting today hope the juros ask , have you spoken with owners? what was their reaction,? have you had some good feed back to the future of the club and players you want to keep,?  are the contract talks going on with players out of contract in the summer who you want to keep, will there be a new D O F if so when as time is of the essance? Have you been promised a transfer buget for the summer and many more questions along those lines
  • The question about the summer transfer funding is something that I will be intensely interested in.
  • I feel truly sorry for GP he will be the only member of the management team having to face and speak to the media since the weekend.
    Shame on those senior to him who have hidden up to now.
  • Fer is out. Ollie is doubtful according to GP. Didnt train all week until yesterday
  • So a win is doubtful then without our top scorer. As eager as CBR is I’m not sure he will score. Maybe a Celina with a screamer to win it? I can but dream in this world of nightmares that we find ourselves living in at the moment. COYS.
  • I'd like us to stay as closely as possible to the team that beat Millwall in September, which was:

Mulder

Roberts * van der Hoorn *  Rodon * Olsson 

James * Fer * Grimes

Celina * Baker-Richardson

McBurnie

But if Fer isn't an option we're going to get bullied in midfield. Millwall are inconsistent at present but I'm cautiously optimistic.

• Montero changed that game and he has gone !!
    PompeyJack
  • Glyn1 said:

I'd like us to stay as closely as possible to the team that beat Millwall in September, which was:

Mulder

Roberts * van der Hoorn *  Rodon * Olsson 

James * Fer * Grimes

Celina * Baker-Richardson

McBurnie

But if Fer isn't an option we're going to get bullied in midfield. Millwall are inconsistent at present but I'm cautiously optimistic.

B-R didn't have much impact on the game though. Wasn't it around the 6 minute mark he was sent off? Bringing Jeff on turned things around.
  • I'll back us to beat Millwall at home. 2-0. 
  • in decent form 3 wins, 2 draws 1 loss in last 6 games including beating Everton in the cup. Generally low scoring team unlike Brentford. 1 may be enough to down Millwall but we will need 2 or more to do Brentford in the cup
  • Lets hope for a good win to lift the negativity.
  • Looking a bit weak in the defensive midfield. Grimes then every else look like attacking midfielders
  • Byers 1-0.

He's been close a few times.
  • FT 1-0

Routs MOTM ....
    Arch_StantonJackaremeMark_Jack_London
  • Well we got over the line and another welcome three points. We missed ollie and looked more of a threat when he came on. We had chances and should have killed the game off but why do things the easy way?

Pleased for Byers and very glad to see DJ back in action. Thought celina was quiet, defence looked solid and thought potter got the subs right today. 
  • Can’t believe the lack of interest on here, following 3 prs, after the week we’ve had. 
    Come on for feck’s sake wake up !!!!!

• A very welcome three points. Made hard work of it against a team that we are far superior than.  Some observations, CBR not up to it. Celina very quiet today, great day for Byers took his goal well. The boy will be quality given time, not afraid to have a dip. Declan unlucky to get injured, seems to be getting better every game. Great to have Daniel back. I’ve seen better games but delighted with the three points
  • This was what can be turned as a crossroads game and one I’m pleased to say we succeeded in with the win. What was a competent performance overall was disappointing from a goals scored perspective as we should have been home and host before their bright spell. However a win is a win and we’re still in with a shout of the playoff places albeit 6 points feels like a mountain to climb what with the Derby and Bristol wins and their form at the moment. CBR may not be the answer as a centre forward and John Toshack was not too enamoured of him on the BBC Radio Wales commentary. However he has scored some important goals for us so maybe we can chalk this one off as a bad day at the office for him?
  • Excellent win v Millwall. Mulder couple of good saves to ensure an excellent clean sheet

Quality from Byers with the winner  :)
  • Another superb game from CCV.

Deserves to keep his place when Rodon comes back.
  • SeaJack

Unfortunately, anyone who has watched CBR in the u23's would confirm that yesterday was a typical performance from him.
    Jackareme
  • Noted deekay. Let’s hope that GP can prise a striker out of him.