Football betting site Betway

Match Discussion: Leeds United v Swans - Championship 2018/19

edited February 2019 in Swansea City
This is the place to discuss all things related to the Leeds United v Swans - Championship game on Wednesday 13 February 2019.

Share your pre and post match thoughts, views on Graham Potter's pre or post match comments, team selection and score prediction!

The referee for the game is David Webb.

If you are going to the game have a read of our Travelling Jacks Guide to Leeds United's Elland Road.

Comments

• Looking forward to this one it's my home away game!!

I think this one could be a thriller again as both teams likely to go for it, Leeds desperately need to get back on track and Swans in the thick of the playoff hunt with a win

0-0 it is then
  • Anybody know if we can see match on red button on sky and virgin?
  • Should be on the sky red button don't know about virgin 
  • 715810bn said:
    Anybody know if we can see match on red button on sky and virgin?
    Just checked sky website its on read button 7.45
    ColinNorthampton
  • Thanks thatis great.
  • With John and Routledge being doubtful this would be my starting 11:

Mulder
    Roberts CCV VDH  Grimes
            Naughton    Fer
    Dyer      Celina    James
                 Mcburnie

Subs: Nordfelt, Fulton, Byers, CBR, McKay,    
              Routledge, John

No Asoro for me. What about Dhanda instead?
  • GP confirmed that Fer is unavailable, so it may be Fulton or Byers in his place
  • I’d swap Naughton with Grimes if Fulton starts
  • A Fulton/Grimes partnership will be interesting to watch on the field of play against one of the better teams in the Championship. Any ideas on when Fer returns from injury?
  • Good luck to Matt Grimes hope he has a great game and shows the Leeds crowd what he can really  do.Also if they all play,it would be grand to see Grimes, Byers, Fulton, and Celina to give Leeds a lesson,
  • I would definitely go with the experience of Naughton at left back ( I actually believe he is better on the left than he is on the right). I would also stick with the Grimes/Byers combo in the middle particularly against a footballing side like Leeds.
    Jackareme
  • Looking forward to this one it's my home away game!!

I think this one could be a thriller again as both teams likely to go for it, Leeds desperately need to get back on track and Swans in the thick of the playoff hunt with a win

0-0 it is then
    Chris - any recommendations on pubs to head to before the game tomorrow?
  • Go to the white Harte in Beeston cadders.  They’d love you there...
  • Cadleigh it depends what your are looking for and how you enter Leeds.

The Whit Hart was my local as a teenager and was and still is a dump!!

None of the Pubs near the ground are really any good for away fans, I would keep away from Holbeck pubs (this is the area between Elland Road and Leeds City centre.

I would go into the city centre and  keep clear of the area around the train station (it will be rammed with Leeds fans) and head towards Briggate (the main shopping area in Leeds) and if you walk up Briggate there are many pubs just off  Briggate to the left as you walk up alleyways the likes of

The Pack Horse - https://www.thepackhorseleeds.co.uk/
    Whitelocks - http://www.whitelocksleeds.com/ (Claims to be Oldest Pub in Leeds, but it's not as the Bingley Arms in Bardsey is the oldest in Britain)
    The Ship -  https://foursquare.com/v/the-ship/4c47143b76d72d7f76f93b4d
    Angel Inn - http://leedsbeer.info/the-angel-inn/

A bit further up and next door to the City Varieties Theatre is the White Swan - http://www.whiteswanleeds.co.uk/

A good one on the way to the ground from the train station is Northern Monk http://leedsbeer.info/northern-monk-refectory/ (it will take about 15 mins to walk to ground from here).

Hope this helps

• Cheers Chris, appreciate all the work you've put into this. I'm staying in the city for a couple of days but none of my usual crew are coming to the game so I was wondering if there's one pub where Jacks tend to gather?
  • We are apparently competing for the Daniel James Trophy - kindly sponsored by IPS Law.
    MalagaJackareme
  • 1-0 swans, got to be Dan :smiley:
  • Cadleigh said:
    Cheers Chris, appreciate all the work you've put into this. I'm staying in the city for a couple of days but none of my usual crew are coming to the game so I was wondering if there's one pub where Jacks tend to gather?
    Not aware of one, however I believe there is a bar at the ground for away fans called Howards Bar (opens 2hrs before KO) and the Drysalters Pub (it is just further down elland road about 10mins walk away  keep on past the Police HQ on your left and then under the bridge follow the road and it will be on your left) which I believe is usually a mix of home and away fans.

Cadleigh
  • Malaga said:
    1-0 swans, got to be Dan :smiley:
    I'm going for 3-2 with goalscorers being Dan James, Matt Grimes and Ollie Mcburnie
  • Malaga said:
    1-0 swans, got to be Dan :smiley:
    I'm going for 3-2 with goalscorers being Dan James, Matt Grimes and Ollie Mcburnie
    Hernandez to get the Leeds goals
  • I’m predicting an exciting match with a smattering of goals. The score is a tough one to call but 2-3 would do me.
  • Interesting. No center forward.

• guess mckay will be playing as a false nine as routs did 
  • 5 attackers on the bench, going to be interesting
  • Grimes has been playing out of his skin, in midfield. Why move him to full back?
    McKay owes us a 90 mins game. 

To much tinkering again?
    3-0 to Leeds. 
  • Love him to bits, but Potter don't half fcuk about sometimes. This has all the hallmarks of the Wigan game. 
  • That says Connor and Naughts full backs to me. ??
  • Any streams? I'm not in UK at the moment so can't access red button
  • Grimes at left back with Connor ahead of Naughts.
  • So WTF do I know?

dont like Grimes left back personally.