Football betting site Betway

McBurnie gone

Reading all sorts on twitter he has gone for £18mil. Can anyone confirm 

Comments

• Only crap on twitter is Sheff united fans saying 'announced'. If he is going then goalscorers are premium so should be looking at 20mn (hopefully no payments based on staying up or the like that because the Blades like Villa are coming straight back down).
  • Was worried when I saw the Vital Swansea article which ramdomly included Oli likely to go for £18m.

It will be a massive downer if this happens and especially today!
  • Club is saying they have heard nothing from Sheff since the 15m
  • His head went a bit, I agree. Feisty for a friendly.
  • I thought he played well today despite not getting on the scoresheet. He seems to be using his body better to shield the ball and his linking of play was excellent.

BigGJackaremehuwrichards57
  • Keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow morning. Last week there was clickbait of a 15m bid. Monday morning it turned into a real bid. Hoping the clickbait this weekend of 18m is just that clickbait. Dreading opening my newsnow feed tomorrow
    Jackareme
  • I suspect going for 18 mill + add ons
    I would stipulate a further 3 mill if Sheff Utd stay up  !
  • If that is a stipulation we won't get it. There's no way they're staying up. Should be 20mn cash. No add ons.
  • It should be no we arent selling
    huwrichards57
  • edited July 2019
    New £20m offer for McBurnie according to the bbc

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49150355
  • Martyn said:
    Keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow morning. Last week there was clickbait of a 15m bid. Monday morning it turned into a real bid. Hoping the clickbait this weekend of 18m is just that clickbait. Dreading opening my newsnow feed tomorrow

You were right with the Monday morning bid, we can only hope that the club don't accept it.

Without McBurnie we won't do so well this season. 
  • rob_h said:

£20m outright then I'd think about it. Not this structured deal on the never never. Shambles. All hot air from Burch
     There's a suprise.
  • rob_h said:

The article says that "if McBurnie moved ahead of Saturday's Championship opener against Hull City, it would allow the Swans to look around for a possible replacement."

When other clubs know we have £20m prices would probably go up.
  • edited July 2019
    It sounds like the same deal with some addons which may or may not happen.

It makes more sense to hold on to Oli, if we decide we want to cash in the January window, then at least we will know where we stand in the league.

I dont believe Oli’s value is likely to diminish much and if we get less say £15m in January, then at least we will have have Oli scoring goals and given our new HoR time to get a viable replacement.
  • It sounds like the same deal with with some addons which may or may not happen.

It makes more sense to hold on to Oli, if we decide we want to cash in the January window, then at least we will know where we stand in the league.

I dont believe Oli’s value is likely to diminish much and if we get less say £15m in January, then at least we will have have Oli scoring goals and given our new HoR to get a viable replacement.

Makes a lot more sense for the club to keep him. Another good season and he may even gain in value, or he could be up in the premier with us.  Without him we will be a lot weaker and won't even make the playoffs.

If every year we keep on selling our best players and not replacing with any who are as good, we will never get promoted back up.
  • If Martyn’s figures are correct, and if Birch is not getting any interest in Ayew, Borja or Montero, then we are -£6m in the red before the season even starts. Possibly more because that’s just wages, not additional costs. 

Birch’s number 1 objective will be to balance the books. The club will not be willing to carry another loss into next season on the off-chance we might get promoted. 
  • @rob_h Quite agree, another season will either enhance his value or may get us promotion. We wont spend any of the money if we get it, so far better to keep him and wait until January imo. That assuming you can find someone who fits the way we play, and will take weeks to get up to speed.

If we do decide to sell, then it tells us the club have given up on achieving this year. 
  • @Cadleigh Essentially that means we are selling Oli in order to keep Ayew, Borja and Montero for another year. They will be gone then and so will Oli.

Definitely a case of selling the family silver to pay the bills

If we wait we might get an Ayew or Montero off on loan instead.

• Interesting few days ahead, do we or dont we loose Oli? if we do lets see what the owners do, invest in new players with the cash or put in the bank ,bet if he does go, not all of it will be spent on new players .
    As i said   times last season these owners need to show ambition and for me its not the time to let him go ,in my opinion, Jan maybe but a sale will affect moral whoever the may replace him with even if they did bring in a guy
    SpringheeledJack
  • @Cadleigh Essentially that means we are selling Oli in order to keep Ayew, Borja and Montero for another year. They will be gone then and so will Oli.

Definitely a case of selling the family silver to pay the bills

If we wait we might get an Ayew or Montero off on loan instead.

If we wait and we don’t offload those players, then we will be under more pressure to sell Oli at Christmas. By which time potential buyers may have moved on. I certainly don’t want us to sell him, but if there are no takers for the three players we can’t afford to keep, Birch can’t take a risk like that - he has no option but to let him go. 
  • if he goes it would suggest that they have no takers for Andre Ayew
  • edited July 2019
    as unpalatable Oli leaving would be, the facts are relegation from the Premier League has huge consequences, if not managed properly.

This tweet from David Conn below, highlights how. to think Bolton could go out of business after 5pm today it unthinkable when you think how long they were in the PL.

jasper_T
  • It is our clubs MO the way this McBurnie deal is going. They wait until near the end of the transfer window to get as much as they can, and in doing so they completely mess up our season, and ruin all the good atmosphere at the club.

They have a track record of not replacing with similar quality, if he goes, we will just have an average season maybe 14th or lower.

Without Mcburnie, I can also see attendances drop by 2k or 3k a game. It will end up being of no benefit to selling him
  • £20m and he's off.

That's a good price.

André and Borja up front?
    bigoak
  • it depends on how the deal is structured. if it is using loads of add-ons, then I dont think it is a goer.

Will need to be a guaranteed sum, because the chances of them staying up is not great. And that would be part of any add-on deal.
  • I've heard the bid for McBurnie 17/18m plus add ons
  • WOL reporting - A source close to the player says a deal is close.

Wish him luck but dont think he's ready for Prem Lge yet
  • rob_h said:
    It is our clubs MO the way this McBurnie deal is going. They wait until near the end of the transfer window to get as much as they can, and in doing so they completely mess up our season, and ruin all the good atmosphere at the club.

They have a track record of not replacing with similar quality, if he goes, we will just have an average season maybe 14th or lower.

Without Mcburnie, I can also see attendances drop by 2k or 3k a game. It will end up being of no benefit to selling him
    So you are saying we should have sold accepted their first offer and sold Oli for £15m? In order to get the deal done early? At which point JA would still have been on the books too.