Football betting site Betway

Borja

gonna get this in before season kicks off.

Always sad to lose a good young player especially a real trier and also a goal scorer. Wish Oli well.

But if we still had him and also Borja getting regular games and happy to stay and you asked me to bet who gets more goals, I would choose Borja. Given the reliability of Oli in the champ, I would expect I'm in the minority on that one. But I think Borja is capable of really tearing the champ up if the planets align. He has done it in Spain against top top class opposition.

i have a very exciting feeling of optimism about BB. Have I just put egg all over my face? Hope not.
YJB07Mark_Jack_London

Comments

• Top marks for wishful thinking but there's little evidence to support Borja being up to it. He's scored 8 goals in the last 3 years. I'd love him to prove me wrong but I just don't see it.
    DubDragonYJB07
  • Day one of proving you wrong then
  • Gone a bit early there perhaps Chatz? Good to see him on the scoresheet though.
  • I don’t see Borja getting as many as McBurnie, just not clinical enough. He showed today that he is a real trier but he just doesn’t have the quality. Lacks pace, physical presence, not a great shot on him
    either, scuffed chance today sums him up
    really. He may be good for 12-15 max if we are creative enough for him & he stays fit. Just now, he is our only realistic option for leading the line so fingers crossed that he will improve.
    YJB07
  • Don’t forget, the European transfer window is open until late September. So for argument’s sake, Baston is the bees knees, scoring for fun ( can’t see it myself ) He’s then sold/ loaned out. 
    We've missed the transfer window, and our only hope is CBR. 
    The Yanks will obviously sell him, even if it’s September, to get his wages off the books
    . How can you plan for the coming season, if  your the manager?
    ColinNorthampton
  • J4cka said:
    Don’t forget, the European transfer window is open until late September. So for argument’s sake, Baston is the bees knees, scoring for fun ( can’t see it myself ) He’s then sold/ loaned out. 
    We've missed the transfer window, and our only hope is CBR. 
    The Yanks will obviously sell him, even if it’s September, to get his wages off the books
    . How can you plan for the coming season, if  your the manager?
    You can’t. If you don’t give the man the tools to do the job he can’t do it. It’s ultimately their call (our owners) but you raise a scenario that i pray they won’t be dum enough to enact.
  • i liked borja's reaction after dyer's miss in 2nd half. he was very supportive...
  • Feed the borj and he will score!just needs to stay fit and have a good run in the team.
  • Good performance today. Ran himself into the ground and goal will do him great. Looks a proper centre forward.
  • EagleEye said:
    I don’t see Borja getting as many as McBurnie, just not clinical enough. He showed today that he is a real trier but he just doesn’t have the quality. Lacks pace, physical presence, not a great shot on him
    really. He may be good for 12-15 max if we are creative enough for him & he stays fit. Just now, he is our only realistic option for leading the line so fingers crossed that he will improve.

EagleEye said:
    I don’t see Borja getting as many as McBurnie, just not clinical enough. He showed today that he is a real trier but he just doesn’t have the quality. Lacks pace, physical presence, not a great shot on him
    You say you don't see borja getting as many as mcBurnie and he's not clinical enough, mcburnie missed his fair share of chances last season, you say he lacks quality yet he showed some nice touches and some nice hold up play today.
    He scuffed one chance and you say not a great shot on him either???? he's improving every game he's playing and he's only going to get better and he's still gaining match fitness as well.

Next time I'd wear a strong pair of glasses when watching a game????
    Jackareme
  • EagleEye said:
    really. He may be good for 12-15 max if we are creative enough for him & he stays fit. Just now, he is our only realistic option for leading the line so fingers crossed that he will improve
    Is that a prediction then EagleEye? 
  • Give him time. Maybe that's not going to happen. The season before he joined us he showed he was an extremely classy CF and against top flight Spanish defenders. Not saying we will get it out for a season but if we do, it's definitely in there,

not dissing Oli in the least. I bloody loved Oli. But when the opposition is taken into account, BBs season before we signed him eclipses anything Oli has done so far.
    SeaJack
  • bobby1983 said:
    EagleEye said:

EagleEye said:
    You say you don't see borja getting as many as mcBurnie and he's not clinical enough, mcburnie missed his fair share of chances last season, you say he lacks quality yet he showed some nice touches and some nice hold up play today.
    He scuffed one chance and you say not a great shot on him either???? he's improving every game he's playing and he's only going to get better and he's still gaining match fitness as well.

@bobby1983 you really must try harder. What is your point here, you think Borja will get more goals than McBurnie?

Is it because he has more pace ?
    Is it because he has stronger physical presence ?
    is it his aerial threat ?
    Can he create his own goals ?

Maybe it is his scoring record over the last 3 seasons?
    - 2 goals in 19 appearances for the Swans
    - 5 in 29 for Alaves
    - 2 in 22 for Malaga

Next time you go watch a game, take off your rose tinted glasses & actually watch Borja. Then come back & tell me why you think he is quality & if you really think he will get more goals than McBurnie 
    Jackaremebobby1983YJB07garythenotrashcougar
  • Let's see how he goes, good start, how many has he scored against how many starts for SCFC?
  • To be fair to the guy, he has never had a run in our team. He is a failed signing but he has never actually had the chance to be described as a failure on the pitch. Finances, relegation, a broken arm, turbulence with managers. Everything has contrived for him to be a signing we regret but he has quite simply not had the opportunity for anyone to judge that he's not up to it as a player.

his loans from us were unimpressive but his last settled season was awesome. Whatever your hunches, there is no way the jury is ready to come back into court. My personal hunch, IF he sticks around and gets a run, is very positive.
    YJB07SeaJack
  • Impossible to say yet. Ill be happy if he scores just once a week!
    MikeTasmania
  • EagleEye said:
    bobby1983 said:
    EagleEye said:

EagleEye said:

@bobby1983 you really must try harder. What is your point here, you think Borja will get more goals than McBurnie?

- 5 in 29 for Alaves
    - 2 in 22 for Malaga

Next time you go watch a game, take off your rose tinted glasses & actually watch Borja. Then come back & tell me why you think he is quality & if you really think he will get more goals than McBurnie 
    Not once have i said borja will get more goals than McBurnie I'm just starting facts that Mcburnie missed his fair share of easy chances last season........do that mean he's not clinical???????

Borja has never been given a run of games here,  i don't care what his record has been like the last couple of years I'll 
    Judge him on this season if he stays and has a good run in the starting 11
    I'm not going to say he's going to score 20+ goals for us after watching 1 game  I'm not that stupid, like you have said he will fail after just 1 game 
    Give him a chance then pass judgement????
  • bobby1983 said:
    EagleEye said:
    bobby1983 said:
    EagleEye said:

EagleEye said:

- 5 in 29 for Alaves
    - 2 in 22 for Malaga

Not once have i said borja will get more goals than McBurnie I'm just starting facts that Mcburnie missed his fair share of easy chances last season........do that mean he's not clinical???????

Borja has never been given a run of games here,  i don't care what his record has been like the last couple of years I'll 
    Judge him on this season if he stays and has a good run in the starting 11
    I'm not going to say he's going to score 20+ goals for us after watching 1 game  I'm not that stupid, like you have said he will fail after just 1 game 
    Give him a chance then pass judgement????
    Also don't just post the negatives about him you left out the 2 seasons before he joined us where he scored 22 goals in 38 games and 18 in 36 so yeah there is a very good player in there its just getting it out of him 
  • Hi guys, new to the forum. 

From what I’ve seen of Borja in a swans shirt I am sure he is going to have a great season for us. We’ve got to remember he’s still not match fit but worked very hard all game. I think give him a run of games and I can see the flood gates opening up for him. 
    DubDragonrob_h
  • Nobody can judge a player on one game. I don’t think today’s game was worth judging him by either. 
    Wait until we start with 2 “proper “ wide players, and Celina in his normal no10 position. 
    Thought Byers was poor today, no threaded balls through to him, or nothing directed into his path, for him to run on to. 
    Not that he is blessed with pace anyway. 
    But How is BB going to be ( if, and it’s a big if, he’s still here) on a wet Tuesday at Preston, when we’re 1 down, and playing against the wind and rain ? 

• He’s never been given a chance to shine since he was shunned by Clement in his maiden season at the Swans. If he does prove his worth for this current campaign then Clement as a manager has to go down as one of the worst readers of potential in a player that we’ve ever had.
  • J4cka said:
    But How is BB going to be ( if, and it’s a big if, he’s still here) on a wet Tuesday at Preston, when we’re 1 down, and playing against the wind and rain ? 

Much like most of our players for the past 40 years - why single HIM out?
  • We are ok, we only play Preston on Saturdays this season. I think we escaped one there!
    deekay
  • How about we just show some support for him and (football cliche) take every game as it comes. Yesterday might be the only goal he scores but maybe with the confidence shown in him and support from us he might continue to score!
    cimlajack
  • It would be easy to write a thousand words on why he has potential or why he doesn't. Evidence is there for both arguments. He turned up with a broken arm and was very quickly managed by Guido, Bob Bradley and then Clement. Hardly ideal. As many have testified to him looking hungry for it right now, I'm swaying towards the positive.

just had a look at the 2015/16 season. Spain dominated the Europa and Champions league to probably a greater extent than before or since. That league was strong, albeit with a lot of European distraction. He played 36 and scored 18 (3 pens). All for Eibar with crowds of 6000 against global giants. The same season Messi got 26, Neymar 24 and Bale 19. The showreel (I know - never trust a showreel - but to be fair, I am only throwing it in on the back of stats) showed all kinds of goals, some of them fine.

He is still a very good age for a footballer. I will gamble that his achievements that season are unmatched by any striker in the Championship.There's my argument for optimism. I could easily write a pessimistic one but I'm choosing that one for now. :)
    YJB07
  • Two goals in two consecutive matches, not a bad start. He tends to get into the right places to score goals, personally I dont care if every goal he scores is a tap in from 1 yard. You have to be aware enough and work hard to be in the right place to get that opportunity.

Come on Borja.

Now where are my maracas, I might shake them every time Borja scores

:grin: 
  • Thought Borja did well enough today to give us some hope. He was isolated at times & outnumbered by strong aggressive defenders, but he kept at it & nicked the goal. Good strikers have a knack of scoring, being in the right place at the right time. He was, hope he makes a habit of it!
    Like Bony we need to feed him, he will score goals
  • Borja will score 10 by Xmas....just saying lol
    Mark_Jack_LondonBigG
  • Improve the ball into Borja, supply midfielders with legs to support him and you will see a different player.
    rob_hMark_Jack_LondonYJB07BigG