Football betting site Betway

Sam Surridge - Medical Tuesday

edited August 2019 in Swansea City
BBC saying deal agreed for Sam Surridge and he is doing a medical Tuesday

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49244286
Jackareme

Comments

• Interesting signing. Would prefer Wells or Nketiah in truth. If we have an option to buy that would be something. Surridge did ok at Oldham
    SpringheeledJack
  • Don't know a lot about Surridge - will start googling!! I like the option to buy on Kalulu (smart business) I hope like @SVJack that we do a similar deal.
  • I've read that the Bournemouth manager rates Surrage highly and wants him playing in the Premier with them one day. I doubt there would be any option to buy, I'm not certain though.                                            
    Jackareme
  • Dare I say this, there’s positive vibes emanating from Liberty Stadium. 
    I think my pre-season punt on us finishing in the top six, is starting to give me a warm glow, after reading this paragraph:

Surridge will become the third attacking player to join Swansea inside a week after Kristoffer Peterson and Aldo Kalulu.

Lets hope Van The Man stays as well, to really start to believe things are on the up. 

Jackareme
  • Now this guy at 21 could be the real deal, at 19 he scored 1 in 4 on loan at 20 he scored 1in less than 2 on loan.
    He has the physical attributes, he has speed and he is aggressive.
    Just hope he can do it.
    Perhaps Cooper really does have the connections to bring quality youngsters in. 
  • A big lad, good touch and looks to have a good finisher's instinct.
  • As I posted on another thread, with the new additions and Baston up front this looks to be the first complete team we’ve had in a while. Things look to be looking up. Seeing the Derby game last night against Huddersfield has also made me optimistic for Saturdays game.
  • Do you think  with the new additions Baston may be sold ?
  • Playing Baston has been a shop window exercise, by the Yanks. 
  • edited August 2019
    Malc said:
    Do you think  with the new additions Baston may be sold ?
    I had the same thought Malc. I’m hoping its a fail safe in case the owners decide to get rid if a bid comes in. 
  • Time will tell on the Baston position and it’s just a matter of days to find that out. My fingers are well and truly crossed for him to stay and play as he has been.
  • edited August 2019
    @Seajack Slightly more than that unfortunately on tenderhooks until 2 September with European deals.
  • I pray every night that Baston stays.
    Mark_Jack_London
  • Perhaps they will let McKay go 

• 21 but looks 31.

Season at Yeovil so he'll fit in around here.
  • Was almost transferred to Sunderland in January on a permanent. Doubt there's an option to buy but hope there is
    rob_h
  • edited August 2019
    So if the footballinsider article is correct, he's passed his medical, and has signed with us on loan already (hopefully with an option to buy).

Just the film clip now before the announcement.

Jackareme
  • edited August 2019
    i very much doubt we'll get an option to buy. he's rated too highly by Howe. great if he does, providing he bangs them in.
    rob_h
  • enaitch said:
    Perhaps they will let McKay go 

Hopefully
  • Bournemouth Post saying that they have an option to recall him in January
    Anyone else know any more on this
    It is what happened to him last season at Oldham
    No option to buy and we could lose him in Jan, loan signings = sandy foundations.
  • Mind you if he does perform and Bournemouth do not recall him then good for the season.
    At the same time if he is not up to it except a good back up then we move on to someone new at end of season anyway
    Hope fully he will assist Borja to get us into EPL and we will be able to afford to buy a new striker then 
  • edited August 2019
    If he doesn't do well for us by January, does the January option also apply to us, so we can let him go in January?

Scott will no doubt have identified potential striker targets by the Jan window, in case we need to get someone else in.
  • Not sure we need any more forwards after this signing. I believe we have plenty of options up front. If we do sign another goalscorer it has to mean Borja is going.
  • This gives us good quality cover - and  you have to say that IMO we are way better off with Borja Kalulu and Surridge this season than with Ollie and CBR last - and cleared a big wedge of the financial hole - well played Birch/Scott/Cooper et al..
    rob_hSeaJackbarry
  • Jackareme said:
    This gives us good quality cover - and  you have to say that IMO we are way better off with Borja Kalulu and Surridge this season than with Ollie and CBR last - and cleared a big wedge of the financial hole - well played Birch/Scott/Cooper et al..
    Careful Jackareme you can't go about saying things like that it goes against the doom mongers rhetoric.

Jackaremebarry
    If he ends up not playing like CCV did then they'll want him back. It's entirely standard.
  • Hi Jasper  ,

How can you say CCV didn't  play , 33 Appearances  in all competitions  ?