Football betting site Betway

Montero joins Birmingham on loan

edited August 2019 in Swansea City
Swansea City winger Jefferson Montero has joined Birmingham City on a season-long loan, subject to international clearance.

Both clubs submitted their paperwork before Thursday's 5pm transfer deadline, and the EFL have now ratified the move.

The Ecuador international, 29, links up with former Swans coach Pep Clotet at St Andrews for the remainder of the Championship campaign.

Montero, whose Swansea contract expires in the summer of 2020, joined Swansea from Mexican side Monarcas Morelia in 2014.

He has since made 84 appearances, scoring two goals, and helped the club to their best Premier League finish of eighth under Garry Monk in 2015.

Montero had loan spells with Getafe and Emelec during the 2017-18 campaign, and spent the second half of last term at West Brom.

Everyone at Swansea City would like to wish Jefferson all the best during his loan spell.

rob_h

Comments

• Been spectacular sometimes but watching Dan - who was even quicker - reminded you that he was not often available and not always a threat either
    Good luck to him though - hope he's injured when they play us
  • Been spectacular sometimes but watching Dan - who was even quicker - reminded you that he was not often available and not always a threat either
    Good luck to him though - hope he's injured when they play us
    He’s on loan so didn’t think he could play is could he?
    Jackareme
  • I really want to thank Jeff and wish him all the best.. He has a sprinters fragility to muscle injuries - BUT I will always remember him shredding international full backs and terrorising opposition defenders.
    He always tried hard and seemed to have a permanent smile on his face - Buena suerte Jefferson! I for one will miss you..
    barryBigGSeaJack
  • Not sure Chambers nor Ivanovic have been the same since Jeff ruined them
    Mark_Jack_LondonJackaremeBigG
  • Yes also loved watching him play (except at West Brom a few seasons back!) but unfortunately too injury prone and too expensive for 4 games a season. I wish him well. Seems a decent guy.
  • SVJack said:
    Not sure Chambers nor Ivanovic have been the same since Jeff ruined them
    Chambers was a young buck and got an education - BUT Ivanovic was a seasoned international who was made to look like someone they pulled out of the crowd - he phoned in sick the next week with twisted blood!
  • There was no way we could have held on to him, if he had stayed fit. Top class wide man. Loved watching him. 
    All the best Jeff. Thanks for the all too brief memories. 
  • An absolute joy to watch when he was on it. Sad, frustrating and predictable end to his Swans career. 
  • An absolute joy to watch when the sun is shining. Pep a very big call! You’ve done us a big favour.at 29 the guy has not cracked British football yet and he never will! Anybody want to make a bet with me now.that Jeff starts less than 15 games for brim!
  • Show him inside he’d be fooked!
  • Brownie said:
    Show him inside he’d be fooked!
    I think you will find it is not that easy to play Jeff in full on attack mode. Without a second defender you show him inside and he will take it (sounds inappropriate @Brownie but you know what I mean)
  • Neither Ivanovic nor Chambers are natural fullbacks or blessed with pace. But nobody would have lived with Jeff those days. on his day, unplayable, which is why the likes of Bayern were sniffing around him at one point.
  • Effectively Ended Tony Hibberts Everton career single handedly too I recall, turned him inside out & upside down until they decided to double up on him in defence. He then proceeded to do the same again....
  • If Jeff starts 15 games for Pep, I think Pep will be pleased and it will probably be their best 15 results of the season
    SeaJackMark_Jack_London
  • Jackareme as a footballing man of course I know what yo mean. But let’s be fair the guy is a one trick poney. It’s no good turning your full back inside out when the sun is shining and then when the winter air kicks in start to feel your hamstring let’s be fair if you were a British manager with money to spend would Jeff be on top of your wish list.iff it was me I’d think not.
    Mark_Jack_London
  • Wish him well. Wish he had been able to make more of a go of it. Shades of Ferrie Bodde with his injury problems. Lost the potential to live it large in the Premier League. Good luck and hope he stays injury free.
  • Well here are Pep’s thoughts.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/guarantee-that-birmingham-city-boss-16729877

He will need lots of cotton wool, and a really good physio. I presume the deal means he doesnt pkay against us. Apart from that Pep’s comments are about right.
  • Brownie said:
    Jackareme as a footballing man of course I know what yo mean. But let’s be fair the guy is a one trick poney. It’s no good turning your full back inside out when the sun is shining and then when the winter air kicks in start to feel your hamstring let’s be fair if you were a British manager with money to spend would Jeff be on top of your wish list.iff it was me I’d think not.
    but what a trick! did for most fullbacks, so why did he need more?
  • Yes mark he’ll of a trick probably cost us 50 grand every step over and that’s being conservative!
  • Mark use your connections and find out have we offloaded all of Jeff’s wages to bum please .
  • Amazing how amusing a missing ‘r’ can be!
    Mark_Jack_London
  • Lol springheeled I’ve only had 2 bottles of Albariño couldn’t imagine why that was the case.
  • Nice, one of the very few white wines I like. Great drink for Summer. I hope you can crack open the rest of the case at 5:00 tomorrow!
  • I’m going to lacaruna on monday got lots of friends out there will catch up with what’s going on in la Liga and segunda 1 will do my usual pilgrimage to the stadia riaz   and  get me and my boys deportivo kit!

• Sounds a great trip, might be a bit wild on the coast, next week.