Football betting site Betway

Comments

• just dont see it. FFP would scupper this on his salary alone, I'd have thought.
  • Derby not shy when it comes to bending FFP rules

I'm sure Rooney don't come too cheap either
  • Well they have got rid of 11 players this summer so that would create some headroom.

They have only brought in 3 signings, including Rooney (really cant understand how that works) plus 2 loans (including Matt Clarke from Brighton, which is interesting considering we were interested).

So depending on how the Rooney deal works, they could be about even, if Rooneys salary is worth less than 6 players!
    rob_h
  • Rooney doesnt join therm until January
  • Ayew is sitting on a contract worth approx £7.2m over 2 years, (70k x 104).
    No way will he tear that up and walk away,he'll demand an inducement.
    Time will tell.
  • Not a bad window, chaps...if the plays hit the ground running, it could make for an interesting season.... B)
    rob_h
  • Now ghanasoccernet is saying: 'Swansea City won't rule out the stay of Andre Ayew despite the mounting financial pressure to sell.'

I think we would have to be saying this, so if he refused to be here he'd be in breach of contract.

I doubt we would ever play him.

https://ghanasoccernet.com/swansea-city-wont-rule-out-andre-ayew-stay?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• I’d say play him as a sub for a few games and see how it goes. If it works out then we’ve got ourselves a decent player all in all to maybe start for us.
  • There is a good article by walesonline, the comments are the best.

I think he could be an asset to us, but I also think that he could be a negative influence and by training with the 1st team and being part of the match day squad, he could ruin the great motivation we have at the moment - one bad apple and all that.

Here is one of the comments: "I agree keep Ayew away from the first team squad. Play him with the academy side as his only interest is in money not the Swans club or history that goes with it. Hope Cooper can get another Iron Mike through the door. Otherwise we should be happier than we were this time last year."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/andre-ayew-twist-what-swansea-16713221
  • Same as Baston, if he’s here, and picking up wages, play them. I’m sure Cooper and Marsh won’t take any bullshit off Ayew. 
  • TBF to him I have never seen any problems with his attitude while he's on the pitch.

• From the moment he arrived here he and his agent were looking for the next window and next move. 
    For me never impressed but if we can’t offload by selling or loan then he can’t pick up money for doing nothing so he trains with first team and plays if needed
  • Its interesting that they is so much emphasis now on due diligence on the playerschara ter and underlying attitude to ensure they fit with the team and the club.

SC has said it repeatedly, and I believe its a reference to players we have signed historically, the ourcome of which we dont want to repeat. The slit of HoR and Coach will help as well, the players are here to be coached by a coach who believes in our philosophy, rather than the approach of the 2/3 years prior to last year.
    rob_h
  • fingers crossed. that's more likely a destination for him.
    Stevieboyo
  • Quite dumb-founded by the negativity towards him. Frankly Mike VdH has done more to justify being kept away from the squad than Ayew has as far as I am aware
    jasper_T
  • Let’s get him sold this time. 
  • Cadleigh said:
    Quite dumb-founded by the negativity towards him. Frankly Mike VdH has done more to justify being kept away from the squad than Ayew has as far as I am aware
    what exactly has MVdH done? 
  • He expressed a desire to return to playing in the EPL - with Swansea if possible, otherwise by transfer. It could be read as a ‘come and get me’ statement. Not aware of Ayew having done anything like that yet he gets slated as ‘fat’, a ‘mercenary’ and a destabilising influence. 

I have no no problem with what VdH said BTW, just remarking again on the difference in reaction to two players.
    jasper_T
  • dont see a problem with that. He was asked a question and he answered. I think the context was he was talking about this next contract being his most important one. But he's not refused to play, or give anything less than 100% or not deliver on the pitch. 

Nor is he being paid the same amount of cash as AA.

But I havent been calling AA a mercenary. As far as I am aware, he's not refused to play either. He only becomes an issue if he acts like his brother did when he wanted out - with his wage demands when he'd achieved eff all to deserve it. 
  • I don’t see the relevance of who gets paid what or how a relative’s actions comes into it, but those two aside we appear to be saying the same thing...
  • If Ayew is here he should play. He will improve the team no doubt and if he does well, he will attract teams. If someone comes in, he can leave - simple.
    Cadleigh
  • Cads it’s not a case of disrespecting him in wanting him gone.the fact is he’s taking up the wage of at least 7 championship players that we could have got in.im a big fan of Andre he’s a work horse and never gives less than 100 percent,but the fact is his wages are crippling us and the sooner he moves the better for everyone.
    Jackareme
  • Brownie said:
    Cads it’s not a case of disrespecting him in wanting him gone.the fact is he’s taking up the wage of at least 7 championship players that we could have got in.im a big fan of Andre he’s a work horse and never gives less than 100 percent,but the fact is his wages are crippling us and the sooner he moves the better for everyone.
    It's the language that people use that worries me, Brownie. I just think our African players take more stick than non-African players do, for anything for being greedy and having dodgy agents to lying about their ages.
  • Cads I can’t speak for other people but I’ve advocated us to look for African players in lower European leagues who are up an coming.especially a ball playing strong holding midfielder 
  • A lot of media speculation on Andre returning to Marseilles in recent days, call it click-bait if you want, but would Cooper actually select him tonight v Northampton, irrespective of the positive words he has spoken about the player in training, and possibly risk the player injuring himself that could result in him remaining with the club until at least January.
    Or, is Cooper, with no doubt the ok from Birch, be putting the player in the window and gambling that he doesn't suffer an injury that could jeopardise a transfer.
  • He could just as easily injure himself in training, i'd put him in" the window".
    As for Marseilles,they know what they are getting with Ayew, just a matter of putting an offer together,which i hope doesn't involve any form of subsidy from us.
  • A lot of media speculation on Andre returning to Marseilles in recent days, call it click-bait if you want, but would Cooper actually select him tonight v Northampton, irrespective of the positive words he has spoken about the player in training, and possibly risk the player injuring himself that could result in him remaining with the club until at least January.
    Or, is Cooper, with no doubt the ok from Birch, be putting the player in the window and gambling that he doesn't suffer an injury that could jeopardise a transfer.
    I would be amazed if Ayew gets game time - he has no squad number (correct??) and we have a bunch of others who need game time.
    Marseille don't need to see him play against Northampton to know what they will be getting, and the risk of an injury would be catastrophic to us offloading this side of January.
    I would be gobsmacked if he was selected - mind you it wouldn't be the first time!
  • Definitely “rest” him. Why take the chance? when he 100%,  needs to be off the books.