Football betting site Betway

Match Discussion: Swans v Wigan Athletic - Championship 2019/20

Comments

• Any chance of Cooper freshening it up? Two matches with not a single sub used is unfathomable
  • edited January 18
    SVJack said:
    Any chance of Cooper freshening it up? Two matches with not a single sub used is unfathomable
    Do Routs and Jay not counts as subs?

Shout out to Jay as well who came on and did exactly what was needed from him.
  • SVJack said:
    Any chance of Cooper freshening it up? Two matches with not a single sub used is unfathomable
    yes...…..:p
    deekay
  • Good potential with new signings in and will only get better. Both our wide players need to track back better as left us exposed. Much better in second half 
  • Celina to Gallagher to Brewster to the net - beautiful goal that one
  • barry said:
    SVJack said:

We hadn't made subs when I put this mate
  • Working so missed the game, what's the general opinion of today & how did the new loanees fair please??
  • Another dreadful performance, after we scored the second, we were non existent as an attacking force. Gallagher didn't look the player we have seen at Charlton yet, hopefully he will improve, but, as we know,Cooper will do his best to make sure that doesn't happen. He did link with Celina better than anyone else has this season, thats about it.

Good goal by Brewster, but the game as a whole, against a bottom three club, on minus 17 goal difference was awful. Hanging on again at the end by a thread.

Chris_SharmanPaulTPabloSteve
  • Big G,

watched online.

Personally, it was a very good overall performance. My over riding thought was that we were fun to watch again!

We looked to play a lot quicker and it was a lovely through-ball from Gallagher and a nice finish from Brewster.

Gallagher played ahead of Byers and Grimes and looked very good.

We may not win every game but I’m definitely going to enjoy watching this current team! 

Will be taking my son to his first game in February. Can’t wait!
    BigG
  • SVJack said:
    barry said:
    SVJack said:

And it wasn't "Two matches with not a single sub" either, mate.
  • Andrew2 said:
    Another dreadful performance, after we scored the second, we were non existent as an attacking force. Gallagher didn't look the player we have seen at Charlton yet, hopefully he will improve, but, as we know,Cooper will do his best to make sure that doesn't happen. He did link with Celina better than anyone else has this season, thats about it.

Good goal by Brewster, but the game as a whole, against a bottom three club, on minus 17 goal difference was awful. Hanging on again at the end by a thread.

Take it who it’s come from. I’d read more balanced views if I were you
    enaitchDinas_JackFyldeJackSteve
  • BigG said:
    Working so missed the game, what's the general opinion of today & how did the new loanees fair please??
    I also missed the game, but my mate who was there said it's the best we've looked in a while. Also, Brewster and Gallagher were class. He only gives credit where it's due, so I'm happy with his assessment 
    DenmarkJackBigG
  • Gallagher was the kind of imposing figure we were crying out for in this team - I thought Grimes had his best game for a long while simply because “G” was around to take the responsibility off him - along with Brewster we can really push on from here !
  • edited January 18
    We are nothing more than a 'bits and pieces' team. There is no plan, no structure, no set pattern of play. It is a team reliant on keeping it tight, not overcommitting, and hoping for individual sparks. That's what won us the game today. Gallagher had a moment to thread Brewster through. Celina beat his man at last, Ayew sniffed out the chance he created. Nowt else. But it was enough today.

Some weeks it will work. Some it won't. 

There is no attempt to control a game. No inclination to dominate the opposition. It is all about nicking games. 

It might work more often than not. It might get us into the play offs. It might even get us promoted. But it will get eaten alive in the Premier League. As we saw last time out.

It's not for me. But many will be quite content with it. Depends whether you're thinking short term or long term I guess. 
    Steve
  • Gary - the club will deal with the premier league when we get there. No point even thinking about it at this stage. I would though like to say thanks to the club owners and Birchy for sanctioning the new loan signings that I think will turn this season from doing ok to doing really good. Lots of positives and Cooper gets my vote for the foreseeable future, regardless of results or formations. He deserves some respect, as do the players. 
    StephenRmoorlands
  • Andrew2 said:
    Another dreadful performance, after we scored the second, we were non existent as an attacking force. Gallagher didn't look the player we have seen at Charlton yet, hopefully he will improve, but, as we know,Cooper will do his best to make sure that doesn't happen. He did link with Celina better than anyone else has this season, thats about it.

obsess
    [əbˈsɛs]
    VERB
    obsessed (past tense) · obsessed (past participle)
    1. preoccupy or fill the mind of (someone) continually and to a troubling extent.
      "he was obsessed with the idea of revenge" ·
      synonyms:
      preoccupy · be uppermost in someone's mind · prey on someone's mind · prey on · possess · haunt · consume · plague · torment · hound · bedevil · take control of ·
      • be constantly talking or worrying about something.
        "her husband, who is obsessing about the wrong she has done him"

PabloCadleigh
  • edited January 18
    We are nothing more than a 'bits and pieces' team. There is no plan, no structure, no set pattern of play. It is a team reliant on keeping it tight, not overcommitting, and hoping for individual sparks. That's what won us the game today. Gallagher had a moment to thread Brewster through. Celina beat his man at last, Ayew sniffed out the chance he created. Nowt else. But it was enough today.

There is no attempt to control a game. No inclination to dominate the opposition. It is all about nicking games. 

It might work more often than not. It might get us into the play offs. It might even get us promoted. But it will get eaten alive in the Premier League. As we saw last time out.

It's not for me. But many will be quite content with it. Depends whether you're thinking short term or long term I guess
    As you say so clearly Gary, most games are decided on moments.If your team has two successes and the opposition has one  then your team wins.
    22 human beings on the pitch all  trying different things with a round ball, not to mention the weather.Sounds like a 'bits and pieces' situation to me.
    Unless the other team lies down that is.They very rarely do that in this League.
    SeaJack
  • Have to disagree about the negativity on here regarding this match. Their goal aside and the Moore heart in mouth moment towards the end I thought that this game and the home game against Brentford was like night and day. Almost everyone as I recall was in agreement at the time that Steve Cooper needed to be shown the door. Today’s game doesn’t feel the same. I didn’t have the same feeling as I did when watching the Brentford game. There is always room for improvement of course but what I found today was that there is now some room to manoeuvre as well.
    Jackareme
  • We are nothing more than a 'bits and pieces' team. There is no plan, no structure, no set pattern of play. It is a team reliant on keeping it tight, not overcommitting, and hoping for individual sparks. That's what won us the game today. Gallagher had a moment to thread Brewster through. Celina beat his man at last, Ayew sniffed out the chance he created. Nowt else. But it was enough today.

It's not for me. But many will be quite content with it. Depends whether you're thinking short term or long term I guess. 
    Cant agree with you Gary. First I thought today we were consistently over committing and getting caught on the counter (particularly down our right side). There was a much more fluid approach to our short passing in the final third - and Celina offered us genuine width and skinned his man virtually every time he got the ball.
    Far more movement with Brewster and Gallagher looked a real talent.
    There are no easy games in this division, but I am more confident now than at any time this season.
    In fairness to Cooper he picked a team full of attacking talent and the tactics were to attack with a high tempo.
    It was not perfect - But Cooper gets a decent rating from me for today.
    KeithSeaJack
  • Much improved performance but still lots to work on. No game is a given in this league. Hard fought three points. Impressed with Gallagher and will get better by the game. Brewster is obviously a class act. 
    Byers, Grimes and Celina are beginning to get back to form from the dreadful few weeks they’ve been going through. If there’s improvement I’m happy and I saw that today and last Sunday. 
    The only dreadful performance today is Andrew2,s post. Wow that’s got to be his worse post of all time. To say we were dreadful today says it all. Are Andrew2 and Gary with the stupid name brothers 

• barry said:
    SVJack said:
    barry said:
    SVJack said:

And it wasn't "Two matches with not a single sub" either, mate.
    Didn't see us make any subs v those up the road? That would be game one and Wigan, game two until that double sub got made. It's all done now.
  • Given the performance description I've been provided with of today's game, which was a decent one, the successful debut and home debut of 2 bright loanee's and the all important 3 points. The ability to be negative about today is almost impressive!
  • Very young side today. Average age just 23. Must be some kind of record.
    Can only get better.

Woody 22

Connor 24
    Cabango 19
    Wilmot 20
    Naughts 31

Grimes 24
    Byers 23
    Conor 19

Ayew 30
    Brewster 19
    Celina 23

Our third and fourth oldest players are Grimes and Roberts !
    DenmarkJack
  • Maybe that is Coopers MO
    to develop young, hungry players who have a point to prove?
    just maybe that is his managerial strength, not trying to appease seasoned pro's on the training field but bringing in the likes of Brewster & allowing them to play centre stage to prove their worth
    I for one am happy to see that, in preference to some of the Mercs we've had wearing our shirt in recent times...
    SVJack
  • barry said:
    Very young side today. Average age just 23. Must be some kind of record.
    Our youngest of the season but Barnsley are fielding a younger side week in week out (literally all 28 games).

https://www.transfermarkt.com/championship/durchschnittsalter/wettbewerb/GB2
    barryPablo
  • I've never said this before, but please ****** off Andrew2 - it is past boring now.
    PabloMark_Jack_LondonSteve
  • edited January 19
    jasper_T said:
    barry said:
    Very young side today. Average age just 23. Must be some kind of record.
    Our youngest of the season but Barnsley are fielding a younger side week in week out (literally all 28 games).

https://www.transfermarkt.com/championship/durchschnittsalter/wettbewerb/GB2
    See them up the road have been putting out the oldest teams - nearly five years older than ours !

Full of old cloggers well experienced in booting the ball, and players, as far and high as possible.
  • Thought the ref was poor.

Allowed them to get away with persistent fouls to break up our play.

Should have booked at least a couple of them early on.
    SeaJackSVJackKeith
  • I thought we played reasonably well yesterday  and I enjoyed the match. I felt we had more of the match than the stats suggested but Wigan broke very well. We played quite well through the midfield, with a bit more of a pattern and structure than of late. Grimes showing good form and Gallagher improving the linking between midfield and Brewster/Ayew/Celina - Gallagher playing in a much more advanced role than I've seen him for Brentford - for me he was near as damn it a No10  - and a very good debut. Celina also had his best match for a while.
    Special mention though for Kyle Naughton - he was excellent and contributed to our cohesion moving forward.

Some words too on Wigan: Points made above about our team being young but Wigan's looked young too and, fair play to them, they were playing the ball on the floor throughout, playing out from the back, sometimes dangerously, but bravely carried on doing it - I hope they are rewarded for that approach by staying up.
    SeaJackDenmarkJackPabloMark_Jack_LondonJackareme
  • I really liked the way Ayew and Brewster played off each other with quick one twos, flicks and turns. If Ayew does stay, I see this pair causing teams a lot of problems.