Football betting site Betway

Match Discussion: Stoke City v Swans - Championship 2019/20

Comments

• I was out in Ibiza back in the early nineties and there was a gang of us in the bar watching soccer Saturday watching all the results and then it flashed up goal Brighton 0 Swansea 1 tony bird.we all looked at each other tony bird when the fffffff did we sign him. Fair play to jan he signed bird and dog in midweek and they both turned out to be great signings. Linton b——n Colin McDonald joa moreira weren’t I’m afraid jan!
  • Brownie said:
    I just googled him col and there’s no record on his Wikipedia I hope your wrong 
    Brownie,
    my fault, I mixed him up with Kieran Durkin who was found dead in his car in 2018. O'Gorman last I heard was working as a gardener near Chester. Both ex-Wrexham footballers.
  • Yes col I remember kissa as BF use to call him. Very sad  no pace but a left foot you could open a tin of beans with as Ian Holloway would say.
  • Naughton not in squad, mustve a knock, Wilmot dropped for Guehi
  • edited January 25
    Martyn said:
    Naughton not in squad, mustve a knock, Wilmot dropped for Guehi
    Bit unfair on Wilmot if he's dropped for his form

Very inexperienced CH pairing.

Even younger side than last time. Bidwell for Naughts brings the ave age down 6 months. Guehi younger than Wilmot.
  • Shame about Naughton.

Also thought Wilmot has been playing well. 
    I don’t understand why we put 2 centre backs on the bench?

Surely Kalou (then Wilmot would have to drop out because of loan players) or even McKay/Dyer to give more attacking options?
  • Is Naughton injured because he is not even on the bench
  • edited January 25
    Hopefully there isn't some appearances clause in Guehi's contract.

Can't be because of some expected aerial bombardment because Guehi is 2 ins shorter than Wilmot.

• Phillip said:
    Is Naughton injured because he is not even on the bench
    Says misses out through illness on the swans website
  • Is the club streaming it today?

Can't find a link on the cräppy website.
  • If his misses is out through illness , can't he get his misses-in-law to look after her?
    MalagaMark_Jack_London
  • Gut feeling tells me that this is a very winnable game. History tells me not a chance. So let’s make history today with a winning goal from Brewster.
  • barry said:
    Hopefully there isn't some appearances clause in Guehi's contract.

Can't be because of some expected aerial bombardment because Guehi is 2 ins shorter than Wilmot.

I was thinking the same whether Chelsea have put in some sort of clause saying Guehi has to play a set amount of games because Wilmot has been brilliant recently. Would rather Wilmot at CB and Guehi at LB because Bidwell isn't good enough unfortunately.
  • All over them.

Celina playing well (when does the window close?).
  • Gallagher booked and the goes sliding in again. Mmm......
  • edited January 25
    Even game now. Couple of good saves from Woody.

0-0 HT
  • They have hit the woodwork 42 min. 
    barry said:
    Even game now. Couple of good saves from Woody.

• I think it is just sensible squad rotation. Guehi is staying longer than Wilmot so we need to play him.
  • Excellent start but should have scored.  Then gradually Stoke got into the game and had two excellent goal scoring chances.  Then Swans started beating themselves, over-complicating moves and giving the ball away.  Halftime arrived just in time.

More urgency needed second half.
  • Shame about Naughton.

Also thought Wilmot has been playing well. 
    I don’t understand why we put 2 centre backs on the bench?

Surely Kalou (then Wilmot would have to drop out because of loan players) or even McKay/Dyer to give more attacking options?
    we have 2 CB on the bench, because Guehi covers the fullback position, which would have been one of subs instead of the 2nd CB on the bench.
  • edited January 25
    Clucas 1-0.

Grimes hits the bar.
  • edited January 25
    Rodon on for Roberts. Suppose see how Guehi is at RB. Connor not gr8 today.

Dhanda on for Byers.
  • Borja on for Bidwell.
  • 2-0 Mclean. Guehi mistake after lots of pressure.

Never really threatened their goal enough.

• damn...bit unlucky but sounds like we need to shoot more. Andy Legg thought we deserved something...typical McClean should score after having a crap game. Oh well. shame but on we go  

• edited January 25
    I get the impression Swans aren’t that bothered about scoring.  As long as they can dominate the passing and possession stats they’re happy. How can we have 11 corners and give their goal keeper bugger-all to do?  Brewster is wasted in this team.

No cohesion whatsoever in our attack - just a set of individuals.
    Natterjackgarythenotrashcougar
  • edited January 25
    Guehi capped for me what was an abysmal performance. I dont think he won an ariel duel all game. Throw in a few suicide and missed passes. Plus he doesnt look like he's got enough pace for this level either. Then he gifts them the second. And we've got this player for 18 months not until the Summer.
    Pablo
  • Typical game against them and history repeats itself again. Shouldn’t have lost today but that’s football I guess. A disrespectful Clucas proving why he was never a Swans player. A total fraud who was stealing a living when he was playing/didn’t play for us. Gutted for the players and the traveling fans. Gutted full stop. On to the next game with a similar performance as today but different result I’m hoping.
    Pablo
  • SeaJack said:
    Typical game against them and history repeats itself again. Shouldn’t have lost today but that’s football I guess. A disrespectful Clucas proving why he was never a Swans player. A total fraud who was stealing a living when he was playing/didn’t play for us. Gutted for the players and the traveling fans. Gutted full stop. On to the next game with a similar performance as today but different result I’m hoping.
    Hmmm, “... a similar performance as today but different result I’m hoping. “

With respect, you mean just 2 shots on target like today might give us a win at Fulham?  Can’t see it myself.  I was not at all impressed by today’s performance.  Aimless and pointless. Chasing our own tails.
  • Poor performance, lots of passing then breaking on the left or right and slowing down, I would feel sorry for any centre forward playing this way,  11 corners mostly poor, a great free kick hitting the bar was the highlight.
    Yet the first 5 minutes we went flat out at them and could or should have scored, then we went slow, slow, quick, quick slow, if we add another quick at the end with players getting into the box, we might score a few.  
    I don't blame the players, they all tried their best but I feel 4-3-3 against this type of team just doesn't work