Football betting site Betway

Match Discussion: Swans v Sheffield Wednesday - Championship 2019/20

edited July 6 in Swansea City
This is the place to discuss all things related to the Swans v Sheffield Wednesday Championship game on Sunday, 5 June 2020 at 12:00pm.

Referee Stephen Martin will be assisted by Mark Pottage and Mark Russell, with Christopher Saginson the 4th Official for the game.

Have a read of the Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday Head to Head Statistics since the first meeting in South Wales in 1928.

Share your pre and post match thoughts, views on Steve Cooper's pre or post match comments, team selection and don't forget to submit your score prediction for our Swansea City Prediction League.

Please note that the game is being shown live on Sky Sports, as well as Swans TV.

Comments

• I think Monk should pick himself for this one - pretty much nailed on to score against us as an ex player!
    SeaJack
  • Maybe score a hat trick for being an ex manager as well as a player.
  • With the lack of movement we have up front he could indeed pick himself
  • and we think we have injury problems with both Rodon and Wilmot ruled out for the season.

Wednesday have more serious issues  ;)

SeaJackJackareme
  • I must say I thought Gary monk was going to be another ady boothroyd but to be fair to him he’s had more clubs than I’ve got in my golf bag.and to be fair he’s put together some good squads.this Sheffield Wednesday squad has got quality all over the park,their wage bill must be colossal?barry bannan luonga Murphy wicham Rhodes reach and they’ve got one of the best cb I’ve seen in the championship in iorfa But they’re 13th and when you take into account the squads stoke Huddersfield boro derby bristol city have got I think Steve cooper hasn’t done too bad!
  • edited July 4
    wtf Derby down to 10 men in 94th minute with 6 minutes added on and score an equalizer in the 97th minute of injury time. Ref plays 9 mins injury time
  • IF  we win tomorrow we will be 7th & on the heels of Cardiff, could be us or them. 
  • Derby are the form team. 5 straight wins before today and a jammy draw today
  • Martyn said:
    Derby are the form team. 5 straight wins before today and a jammy draw today
    when I wrote my post they were losing in injury time, jammy indeed
  • Just not going our way today. Cardiff go 1-0 with just 5 minutes on the clock
  • Dont fret @Martyn - the way we are playing the teams ahead already have enough points to finish above us unfortunately  :'(
  • Martyn said:
    Just not going our way today. Cardiff go 1-0 with just 5 minutes on the clock
    and Bristol City have just sacked Lee Johnson!
  • I don’t think Ashley Williams done him any favours 
  • Jackareme said:
    Dont fret @Martyn - the way we are playing the teams ahead already have enough points to finish above us unfortunately  :'(

I tend to agree with you. It’s frustrating to say the least especially as Cardiff could be the ones to make a swift return to the Premier League.
  • @SeaJack - I have seen quite a few games in my isolation since the season restart..and I am quietly confident that there are a couple of better teams than Cardiff in the play offs - namely Forest, Fulham and Brentford. As the likely 6th place finisher they would likely have to see off Brentford over 2 legs and then beat the winner of Forest/Fuham.
    They are improving - and actually tried to play some football today - but Brizzle were gash and they struggled to inch past them. At least I hope I am right!!
    SeaJack
  • I know what your saying jackareme but Cardiff have been promoted twice from this division playing exactly the same way under McKay and warnock.hard to beat a strong back 4 a midfield that works its socks off and a big strong striker and they’re good at set pieces.i really hope lightning doesn’t strike 3 times or that would be another crime against football!
    SeaJack
  • If they do make it I’d hazard a guess that they’ve managed to bottle the stuff, somehow. Let’s hope they bottle it instead.
  • edited July 5
    Looks like Guehi and Naughton at center back with Cabango dropped.

Routs and Fulton in for Dhanda and Byers.

• I'm giving Weds  a 1 goal start. In his brief appearances Guehi made 3 catastrophic mistakes conceding 3 goals in 4 appearances.
  • What formation are we playing??

looks to me like 3 at the back? 
    Brewster out on the right? ????????‍♂️
  • What formation are we playing??

looks to me like 3 at the back? 
    Brewster out on the right? ????????‍♂️
    Wingbacks, two up top with Gallagher supporting. Ayew and Brewster have switched sides a few times.

Working quite well apart from Routs tracking back as a wingback. Something different from Cooper at least.
  • Thanks Jasper. 

Don’t think it’s working well though. 
    Looks disjointed to me. 
  • re something different from Cooper, dont think so, 30 mins in and 0 shots with 0 shots on target 
    DenmarkJack
  • WR is so concerned about their right wing back going forward he is playing far too deep. Is nowhere when we attack 
  • Thanks Jasper. 

Don’t think it’s working well though. 
    Looks disjointed to me. 
    We always look disjointed. This is slightly better than usual imo. We're playing more football higher up the pitch. Just a shame Gallagher keeps running into traffic and Brewster can't hold it up.

Guehi doing well.
    AndrewMaesteg
  • Wtf is this?? 
    Awful is being way too kind!!!
    not a shot...at home...versus a shite side. Dreadful, truely dreadful
    grimes and Fulton do nothing, we’re at home for Christ’s sake.
    the look on Coooers face resembles the team he puts out...clueless
  • btw we can all say bye bye to Celina this summer, the only player we have that can produce a little bit of magic to unlock a defence and he still cant get a game. If you were him I guarantee youd be telling your agent get me out of here and put me somewhere where I play.

Thank you Mr Cooper
  • Agree about Guehi. 

I still prefer us playing 4 3 3 with Ayew on the left and Kalulu on the right.

I feel a bit sorry for Gallagher as I think he’s the only midfielder who tries to beat a man and create something. Admittedly he gets caught at times.

Wayne is not looking comfortable in my opinion. 

Frustrating thing is I think our squad is better than performances show! 
  • Two games on the trot and no Wyndham. Seriously?