Football betting site Betway

Match Discussion: Birmingham City v Swans - Championship 2019/20

Comments

• It’s win or bust and we are playing 8 defensive players.
    Bring back Clement. It was more exciting.
  • Promising starting positions for the two wing backs - But why can Ayew NEVER play Roberts in when he makes his lung busting runs??
  • 1-0 B'ham.

2 free headers in the box FFS.

• I’ve said it before. We will not have a balanced team unless Ayew plays centrally or is sold.
  • Useless. Set piece again. FFS 
  • edited July 8
    1-1

Another great finish from Brewster.

Pity they defended those corners so poorly as they system looks good at the mo.
  • Forget the set piece goal conceded - this is WAY better. Great high starting positions and crisp passing - thoroughly deserve the equalizer COYS!!

• Well I truly pissed off 

Paid for Swans TV but won't work (Swans TV is a shower of S**t)

Is there anywhere else I can get a stream?
  • Agree Jackareme.

Initially I thought Woodman could’ve caught the ball instead of punching it, which led to the corner. 

But this formation looks a lot more fluid and  threatening. 
  • Forgot to add, I’m enjoying O Leary’s commentary. Some insightful points.
    barry
  • edited July 8
    Forgot to add, I’m enjoying O Leary’s commentary. Some insightful points.
    Yes. Not afraid to be critical either.

Derby 2 down.
  • edited July 8
    much better performance using a back 3. 

I expect he will sub Cabango 2nd half for VdH.

Much better movement, possession and passing.

And a great move for the goal.

Also allows Ayew to have a free role - which means he doesnt need to be as discplined as he should be.

• edited July 8
    Cabango !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice finish (off a defender's leg !!).
    DenmarkJack
  • Very good performance first half - good possession, good passing through the midfield with Grimes having a great game with lots of space. Brum are sitting back very deep mind and I can see that changing at half time
  • Congratulations to Steve Cooper for taking a really positive approach to this game. The difference in the starting positions of the two wing backs are chalk and cheese to the Wednesday game, Excellent response by the players as well - looking to pass and move 1-2 touches and Birmingham chasing shadows. 
    Best I have seen Jay Fulton on the ball, Connor is a physical "freak" with his running, Naughton Cabango and Guehi excellent.
    Only two gripes - Ayew needs to bury whatever hatchet he has with Connor and give him the ball when he is overlapping into space, and Gallagher just needs to be quick and simple with the ball - just trying to do too much.
    Also enjoying Kris O'leary - particularly his diplomatic critique of Pep Clotet.
    Credit where it is due Cooper and the team are really attacking this game positively and I am enjoying the performance immensely!! We look like a Swansea team at last.
    DenmarkJackniallo11Pablo
  • You pretty much saved me from posting. 

Credit to Cooper as you can see the coaching on the training pitch tonight. 
  • There is a marked desire to get the ball forward quicker than previous games ... so far so good 
  • 3-1 !!

Fulton from a clever corner along the ground.
  • Yet again, Ayew so bloody greedy ????????????
  • Martyn said:
    Hmm, value bet. not saying we make playoffs but the odds are value
    Cardiff 1/3
    Derby 7/2
    Swansea 10/1

Yes Derby got a point on us but 10/1. Derby's next 4 games - WBA(a) Brentford(h) Cardiff(a) Leeds(h)
    I think we have a fav's chance of finishing above Derby.

As for Cardiff I think we are at the point that if its going to happen then these midweek games decide. Blackburn need to get something at Cardiff and we need the win. If it happens then game on and that 10/1 will be more like 5/2 with Cardiff - Fulham(a) Derby(h) and us Leeds(h) Forest(a), roll the dice on those fixtures

For us it all hinges on Blackburn and Birmingham. We have to win and Cardiff need to not win. Anything less and our season is over
    What you reckon now, Martyn? ????????????
  • @PaulT I said before the Cardiff game that we would be 5/2 in from 10/1. Lets see what the bookies do later or tomorrow
    PaulTJackareme
  • Great win, battled well... 3 points more importantly 
  • Brilliant win! 

Controlled the game and battled like warriors. 

I don’t think I’ve ever learnt so much from a co-commentator, than I did tonight from Kris ‘Pep’ O’Leary! 

He definitely talks a good game! 

I remember watching him at the Vetch. Liked a lunge. 
    niallo11barry
  • edited July 8
    Never know a season where I've had my hopes dashed then rekindled again so many times.

Swansea

H Leeds
    A Forest
    H Bristol City
    A Reading

Scummers 

A Fulham
    H Derby
    A Middlesbrough
    H Hull
    DenmarkJack
  • Jackareme said:
    @Pablo check the stats - the first half against Wednesday was 5 at the back and zero shots at home against a terrible team - in a game we had to win. The bus was very firmly parked.
    Wednesday aren't a terrible team....they're decent. we were playing players out of position in a makeshift line-up. we DID NOT park the bus, we struggled to compete against a team who exploited our weakness. the exact same team...scored 2 quick goals...then VDH was on to stabilise things, even though he's obviously not ready. I've no idea why you cannot see this.
    Jackareme
  • Jackareme said:
    Forget the set piece goal conceded - this is WAY better. Great high starting positions and crisp passing - thoroughly deserve the equalizer COYS!!

a nice change of tune! ha ha..
  • Brum sub Jayden Reid ex-Swans making his league debut.
    Visibly enjoying a catch-up with Ben Cabango at the final whistle.
  • barry said:
    Never know a season where I've had my hopes dashed then rekindled again so many times.

Swansea

H Leeds
    A Forest
    H Bristol City
    A Reading

Scummers 

A Fulham
    H Derby
    A Middlesbrough
    H Hull
    Reminds me of my first love in school. That ended in tears though... 
  • @barry the extra bonus from today was a) Millwall who had on paper an easy run and are now 4pts behind and b) it wasnt just a defeat for Cardiff and a win for us there was an extra 2 goals bonus for gd which might decide 6th at the end of the day.

If Weds can take care of Preston then both Millwall & Preston's hope of 6th is over leaving us to battle it out with Cardiff and Derby
  • Jackareme said:
    Congratulations to Steve Cooper for taking a really positive approach to this game. The difference in the starting positions of the two wing backs are chalk and cheese to the Wednesday game, Excellent response by the players as well - looking to pass and move 1-2 touches and Birmingham chasing shadows. 
    Best I have seen Jay Fulton on the ball, Connor is a physical "freak" with his running, Naughton Cabango and Guehi excellent.
    Only two gripes - Ayew needs to bury whatever hatchet he has with Connor and give him the ball when he is overlapping into space, and Gallagher just needs to be quick and simple with the ball - just trying to do too much.
    Also enjoying Kris O'leary - particularly his diplomatic critique of Pep Clotet.
    Credit where it is due Cooper and the team are really attacking this game positively and I am enjoying the performance immensely!! We look like a Swansea team at last.
    so getting rid of Steve Cooper is off then? :D