Football betting site Betway

Maguire jailed

Slabhead has been found guilty of of repeated bodily harm, attempted bribery, violence against public employees and insult.

Sentenced to 21 months and 10 days in prison, suspended for 3 years.

Guess he wont be going on holiday to Greece for a while!

Comments

• seems like he’s got off lightly to me.

• The sentence tells us all about our society where money rules and will continue to prevail.

• It always has been like that , power and money rules .

• Am I missing the point, or was his violence a reaction to his sister getting stabbed?

If it was just about money apparently he could have just paid £90k and got off. Have I misunderstood?

• Maguire claims his sister was injected with something by a couple of Albanians, and she feinted soon after.

Not sure how that then went to them being taken to the cop shop instead of the hospital, and then being arrested.

• edited August 25

That's my point, there are reasons to be confused about what actually happened.

I really like Greece and Turkey, but that doesnt mean I dont understand how the police in both countries can act. It is very different from the UK. The Greeks and the Turks I have got to know over the years have a somewhat jaudiced but justified view of their own police.

So I dont pretend to know the rights and wrongs of this case, however I'm not prepared to just write this off as a privileged footballer, as the articles I have read if true, give at least as much credibilty to a brother reacting to situation regarding his sister.